• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rugby - not set pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Wonder why he would need to take them out of his pocket at half time? And where did he leave them to start with? :)

He might use the card wallet to store his notes as well. Perhaps he wrote some things down and forgot to put them back into his pocket. Common enough I would say.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
He might use the card wallet to store his notes as well. Perhaps he wrote some things down and forgot to put them back into his pocket. Common enough I would say.

Why would he write anything down at half time? It's not like he's able to refer back to those notes during the second half!

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Why would he write anything down at half time? It's not like he's able to refer back to those notes during the second half!
That's how he keeps track of the square up penalty count.. He must have lost them in the Reds - Saders game as well :rolleyes:

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Unless he changed his shorts at half time I don't know why he'd take them out at half time.

Possibly he needs to change his shorts as he looks like he is about to shit himself whenever he has to make a decision about which he knows nothing. Since this involves about 99+% of what is happening on the field, a change of shorts at half-time is probably warranted.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
508934-avondale.jpg

THE Illawarra District Rugby Union is investigating a bizarre complaint about a player allegedly urinating in his shorts to put off would-be tacklers.

The Vikings Rugby club sent a letter to the IDRU this week requesting action be taken against a centre from rival club Avondale after suspicions he relieved himself either before or during their game last weekend.

The letter was accompanied by a photograph - subsequently leaked to The Daily Telegraph - which purports to show an incriminating stain on the player's shorts.

"It is either evidence that the player has urinated in his shorts immediately prior to the commencement of the game, or has applied some liquid to that area of his shorts so as to provide the same inference," Vikings president Mark McDonald wrote.

"Either way, such conduct is contrary to the spirit of the game and in contravention of items 8 and 9 of the IDRU Code of Conduct."

It is understood the player facing the allegation was the subject of an identical complaint last season, but didn't face a judicial process after undertakings were given by Avondale to stamp it out. Rivals allege the player urinates to dissuade people from tackling him.

IDRU president Peter Woods confirmed an inquiry was underway. IDRU officials met with Avondale officials and the player last night.

"There has been a complaint made arising out of last week's round. A small committee has been set up within 48 hours and they are meeting with club representatives tonight to discuss the allegation before anything is going to be put to the board," Mr Woods said.

The IDRU committee will compile a report for the board and a decision will then be made whether the player will face the judiciary

Avondale secretary Peter Brace said that he was aware of the complaint.

"We are having a meeting tonight to discuss it so I am not prepared to comment about that," Mr Brace said.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
THE Illawarra District Rugby Union is investigating a bizarre complaint about a player allegedly urinating in his shorts to put off would-be tacklers.

If this is true, then that is utterly disgusting. Punishment should involve something like forcibly washing the guy with ajax and steel wool.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
There were two lads from the NSW I team in the recent Oz Schools tournament: 6. Jack Dempsey and 7. Jack Johnson. Dempsey was chosen for Oz Schools and Johnson for Oz A Schools. Well done boys: you played with a lot of punch and KO'd the Qld I team with a heavyweight performance in the Final.

Montana O'Neill was in a happy state when he heard of his selection in the Oz A Schools team but his ACT team mate Washington Underwood did not get a vote from the selectors. Was it politics? A pity he was not playing in a Division II team – he would have made the Presidents' XV.

Brumbies v Blues - Rd.18 - When the Brumbies THP got crocked Rod Kafer said “Dan Palmer is off on the bench; his right ankle is in a bucket of ice. It's cold enough: he could just hang in out in the breeze and forget the ice.” I see what you mean Kafe.

Crusaders v Force - Rd.18 - The Saders got a couple of fortunate “Try – no try?” decisions from the TMO which surprised the commentators nearly as much as it did the scorers.

So when the Force went close later on and ref Glen Jackson didn't ask the TMO a question, and ordered a 5 metre scrum to them instead, skipper Nathan Sharpe wondered why. He said to Jackson: “They got a couple of cheapies – they did – they got two cheapies.”

Jackson, well known for his confrontations with referees, back in the day, had a good chuckle.

Referees' cheap shots

Rebels v Reds – Rd.15 - That was cruel of referee Keith Brown when Adam Freier accidentally (sure) kicked the ball back to his side when stumbling out of a ruck: He pinged him and when Freier remonstrated, said: “I know your argument, but you're too slow. “

Bulls v Lions - Rd.18 – When Lions skipper Josh Strauss was replaced and referee Craig Joubert found out that Butch James was the new captain, he said: “You've been elevated; never thought I'd see that.” He said it with a chuckle but The Butcher has been in trouble with referees over the years, hasn't he?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Update to some goal kicking stats I've done on the back of an envelope for players who have attempted 40 or more kicks at goal - excluding field goals - in Super Rugby. The first two columns of figures are - successful kicks - kicks attempted.

[Up to the end of the Pool games - Rd.18]
P. Grant - Stormers - 45 48 - 93.8%​
E. Jantjies - Lions - 49 57 - 86.0%​
J. Goosen - Cheetahs - 48 56 - 85.7%​
B. McKibbin - Waratahs - 35 41 - 85.4%​
T. Taylor - Crusaders - 52 62 - 83.9%​
A. Cruden - Chiefs - 82 104 - 78.8%​
P. Lambie - Sharks - 52 66 - 78.8%​
D.Harvey - Force - 32 41 - 78.0%​
C. Leali'ifano - Brumbies - 42 54 - 77.8%​
M. Harris - Reds - 54 70 - 77.1%​
M. Steyn - Bulls - 83 108 - 76.9%​
B. Barrett - Hurricanes - 74 102 - 72.5%​
C. Noakes - Highlanders - 30 43 - 69.8%​
J. Anscombe - Blues - 34 49 - 69.4%​
J. Pietersen - Stormers - 31 45 - 68.9%​

These are the stats I have for the 15 Super teams:

Rebels - 85.4%​
Lions - 84.0%​
Stormers - 81.7%​
Waratahs - 79.1%​
Chiefs - 78.8%​
Cheetahs - 77.7%​
Crusaders - 76.4%​
Sharks - 76.2%​
Bulls - 75.7%​
Force - 75.3%​
Blues - 74.0%​
Reds - 71.9%​
Hurricanes - 70.5%​
Highlanders - 67.7%​
Brumbies - 65.8%​
.​

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That really is quite fascinating about the Brumbies being at the bottom there.......

Lealiifano was at 90% for goal kicking for quite a while until he dropped a few on the SA tour.......

It really highlights how important all those missed kicks against the Blues were, and that one against the Reds.......

In the end the erratic kicking of Holmes (who looked sharp in some games) and Mogg really cost them that finals berth.......

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
It's hardly surprising with the Brumbies.

There were some games where the success rate was awful. E.g. Lions 2/6 or similar.

Too many long range attempts that never looked like going over.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
That really is quite fascinating about the Brumbies being at the bottom there...

Lealiifano was at 90% for goal kicking for quite a while until he dropped a few on the SA tour...

It really highlights how important all those missed kicks against the Blues were, and that one against the Reds...

In the end the erratic kicking of Holmes (who looked sharp in some games) and Mogg really cost them that finals berth...

Nothing to do with the Blues scoring more tries??

Status
Not open for further replies.