• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 2 - Force vs Reds, NIB Stadium, 2nd March @ 6:30pm (AWST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

.....sorry....how rude of me. Beers or Rum & Coke...... So happy with that resolve. #notfakenews

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
First up, I don't think it is doom and gloom for the Reds. Those conditions were pretty awful with the ball as slippery as hell. Both sides had great trouble with their handling, but the Force were slightly better.

Taking the conditions into account, it was an enjoyable game to watch. Both sides played with enterprise and conviction. I think we have seen the emergence of a couple of future Wallaby wings in Nabuli and Peni. Naisarani was also very strong off the bench for the Force. Both Louwrens and Ruru had strong games at No 9 for the Force.

And as an impartial viewer (with just a slight favouring of the Reds) I thought the Ref had a fairly decent game - better than any I watched last week. The new laws or interpretations about the high tackles is causing too much concern. I don't think he got any of the decisions on high tackles wrong, but as it stands they are not contributing to the game much at all.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I missed the game - any intel on Colemans injury?

The Force and the Wallabies need him.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
That was fucked. Reffing was terribly inconsistent and in the last 20 he went full home side ref.
The penalties against Sef were crap. The third one was not for no arms, the ref said the card was for three dangerous tackles. Given the first two weren't dangerous, the card was an incorrect call.

But to all the doom and gloom reds fans who are writing us off after that performance, I will point out two things.
1. The ball was like soap; and
2. That's exactly how we play against the Force. Watch pretty much any game between the two teams in the last few years and they will be pretty much that standard. We will be fine against the Crusaders next week.

Reactions: dru

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The coaching staff wouldn't have a clue if they really thought that there was any chance of Hodgo playing this game is any indication.

Coleman's reaction both on and off field suggested that it wasn't minor.

Isn't Matwijow out for the season?

Who do you have as your three second rowers for the game then?

RHP, Phillip, and ?

Arnold?

You guys need another lock ASAP. Its a shame clubs don't lend each other players.

Neville and Lukhan Tui deserve some game time. As does Hanigan and a few locks floating around the Tahs.

M

Moono75

The thing I liked most was the composure. Coleman went out, we were down but we kept our heads in the game, regrouped from being down and chipped away at the scoreboard and then got in front.

Not a perfect game, but the kind of game we would of lost in the past. Benny Mac and Hodgo to come back is all good. Cant believe we have to wait over a month for our next home game #levelplayingfield

todd4

Dave Cowper (27)
Humidity at the game was very high by the time I got to the top of grandstand and sat down it felt like I was in a sauna! No wonder there was a lot of dropped ball.

This in the first couple of minutes was great to watch;

M

Moono75

That was fucked. Reffing was terribly inconsistent and in the last 20 he went full home side ref.
The penalties against Sef were crap. The third one was not for no arms, the ref said the card was for three dangerous tackles. Given the first two weren't dangerous, the card was an incorrect call.

But to all the doom and gloom reds fans who are writing us off after that performance, I will point out two things.
1. The ball was like soap; and
2. That's exactly how we play against the Force. Watch pretty much any game between the two teams in the last few years and they will be pretty much that standard. We will be fine against the Crusaders next week.

....but your happy for me at least aren't ya?

;)

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don't know if Tahs and Reds are average or the Force has improved a lot. For the future of Aussie rugby I hope is the second option.

M

Moono75

The team looks and feels different this year. Up against it....gotta fight hard, but WA is up for it!​

M

Moono75

Rugby Heaven headline. So instead of reporting something postive about the Force they focus on a negative that detracts from the Force performance. What Wankers!! This headline could of been "Force March On" Instead we get "Nabuli's hat-trick not enough for Queensland Reds against Western Force". Well fuck me if only Nabuli could of scored 4.

"Force fight back for gutsy win"...........no just way too positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.