• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 15 of 15: Force v Brumbies Sat 1st 7.35PM (AEST) @ HBF Park

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
How so? He hasn't done anything above and average player at all IMHO
He has been solid. Always looks dangerous and is building back into super rugby. I'm impressed with how much he is putting his body on the line and running the ball

griffins

Watty Friend (18)
I dunno. I think Wright is still looking consistently good which is good to see. Scrum looked a little creaky at times. The Brumbies won't be entirely happy with the fade out.

I'm liking the workmate of Horton for the Force. If they can hold onto most of the core of the team and keep them injury free I think they'll be a more cohesive unit next year.
Force lineout wasn't great, which doesn't reflect brilliantly on Horton (3 genuine jumping options). Swain and Frost excellent defensively though.

Brums scrum will be massively under the pump next week and will get minced if they go any further. 2 1st choice looseheads out and funny business going on in the row as soneone already pointed out (Frost wearing 5 packing at 6 - carrying a niggle?)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Pretty ordinary game to be honest and rather like the Tahs game last night was a microcosm of their season tonight was ours. We were inaccurate in the first half especially and got punished. We had plenty of ball in the end but didn't have the sharpness or attacking shape to do much with it. The breakdown also degenerated into a brawl in the second half and that's another area we've come up short this season. The Brumbies just out muscled us there.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Can't speak for @Tomikin, but I'm not upset. I just personally don't think it would have made a difference in this specific instance (Poolman squaring up on the wing). Happy to agree to disagree on the Force being hurt in this case.
Why are you talking about one play? Of course it hurts having a forward in the backline. Duh. The play would have been shut down if Beale trusted kunzuele to make that tackle anyway.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Everyone who isn't sure on Wright. We have finals to judge him on. Finals is another level and if he keeps playing like this he starts for the wallabies no questions asked

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Force lineout wasn't great, which doesn't reflect brilliantly on Horton (3 genuine jumping options). Swain and Frost excellent defensively though.

Brums scrum will be massively under the pump next week and will get minced if they go any further. 2 1st choice looseheads out and funny business going on in the row as soneone already pointed out (Frost wearing 5 packing at 6 - carrying a niggle?)
Think it was always the plan for Hooper to lock in the scrum, as Frost said last week and he said this week he has more pudding to add.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Everyone who isn't sure on Wright. We have finals to judge him on. Finals is another level and if he keeps playing like this he starts for the wallabies no questions asked

If Wright got pushed over the side line like Kellaway did last night he'd be slaughtered on these boards.

Currently Wright's probably the form Ozzie player in Super Rugby.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
yeah,I was at the game and he looked bloody slippery!
and Beale was superb,hope he stays around for next season

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)

Fair. His throwing was always his weak point. It cost the Tah's a few opportunities back in the day, but I do think he's improved. I'd have to go back and look more closely to see what might be amiss because it could be as easily the lifters getting it wrong as it was his throws. As you pointed out the Brum's have a few handy players capable of disrupting a lineout too.