• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 15 of 15: Force v Brumbies Sat 1st 7.35PM (AEST) @ HBF Park

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
You think a normal winger would have done better..? it was just too much pace, and Beale rightly or wrongly didn't trust Knuzuel to make the tackle.
lol yeah i think a winger playing in their position would do better then an openside flanker playing out of position in a defensive alignment they're unfamiliar with

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Beale is moving pretty good for an old bloke, was ineffective last week against the Reds but looking good again tonight in a backline struggling for ball

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
lol yeah i think a winger playing in their position would do better then an openside flanker playing out of position in a defensive alignment they're unfamiliar with
You think Poolman shuts that one down?

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Can you bring on a yellow card during a scrum reset? Ball was out. Jordy should of let them play. Unlucky max couldn't get that ball out the back of the hands at the end of the first half

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
You think Poolman shuts that one down?
The question was, do I think a winger would do a better job defending at wing than an openside flanker playing out of position defending on the wing? Yes, i think that's a given

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
The question was, do I think a winger would do a better job defending at wing than an openside flanker playing out of position defending on the wing?

Yes, i think that's a given
You insinuated it would have made a difference, it wouldn't have. But hey whatever

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
No, I said the "Force hurt by having to play a forward in the backline"..

You guys got upset by that comment lol, but hey whatever
Can't speak for @Tomikin, but I'm not upset. I just personally don't think it would have made a difference in this specific instance (Poolman squaring up on the wing). Happy to agree to disagree on the Force being hurt in this case.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Don’t question their brumbies mate. They will talk about you around the water fountain at work this week. The APS mafia will come after you
Top class comment Poking at you. Remind me who broke the Force's home ground winning streak? (of one, was it?)

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
eh... Who would have thought that making a comment about the Force having to play a forward in the backline would generate such a reaction, lol

Congrats Brumbies ;)

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Brums will just be glad they won. Schoup was obviously no good anyway, hopefully Toole's hammy is ok. Not much else to take out of that game.
I dunno. I think Wright is still looking consistently good which is good to see. Scrum looked a little creaky at times. The Brumbies won't be entirely happy with the fade out.

I'm liking the workmate of Horton for the Force. If they can hold onto most of the core of the team and keep them injury free I think they'll be a more cohesive unit next year.

Aussie D

Bob Davidson (42)
Hoping the Force will bolster their squad next year with players like Lancaster, Jooste, Wilkins, Pone, Eloff and Talakai to give them the extra depth they need to crack the top 8.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Man the force played well. So many opportunities that were not turned into points but with the injuries to Stewart, Spink and then white off with HIA and Donaldson not playing man they did well. They probably should have won that game but if they were closer in the game I'm sure the Brumbies would have gone to another level.

I'm a big critic of poolman but it was great see see the young man pick up a try at the end of the game.

The game was way to slow. Jordy loves his whistle. So many penalties and a couple of forward passes that didn't need to be called. Both ways.