• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 14 - Waratahs v Highlanders @ SFS - Saturday 19 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
you're just ruing and trying to justify your now embarrassing decision to defect to the Brumbies. I'm entitled to my own opinion, you can sleep easy with your ones.

My decision to defect was driven by a particular personal factor. It was made easy by 40 years of crap NSWRU administration.
I am not embarrassed to carry the Brumbies logo, and they are in deeper long term trouble than even the Tahs, Reds or RA (IMO).
The malaise in Oz rugby can only be saved by a strong Reds/QRU and a strong Tahs/NSWRU: we have neither (or none, to the extent the entities are different).
My concern is that beating a NZ side will be seen as a turning point: it will only be that if the above mentioned entities and RA have their feet held to the fire.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
My decision to defect was driven by a particular personal factor. It was made easy by 40 years of crap NSWRU administration.
I am not embarrassed to carry the Brumbies logo, and they are in deeper long term trouble than even the Tahs, Reds or RA (IMO).
The malaise in Oz rugby can only be saved by a strong Reds/QRU and a strong Tahs/NSWRU: we have neither (or none, to the extent the entities are different).
My concern is that beating a NZ side will be seen as a turning point: it will only be that if the above mentioned entities and RA have their feet held to the fire.

I don't disagree with that part, but that is separate to the on field performances as far as this competition is concerned.

I highly doubt that anyone will be getting too complacent about last night's win, to some extent it should be seen as a bit of a turning point for the players and I hope it improves the mental attitude of all of the Australian teams. It wasn't that we won that was impressive, it was the overall dominance of the win, something that we haven't seen in a while and something that was nothing to do with the one man advantage. The Waratahs were always in control.

Time will tell, there's still plenty of hurdles to get over yet.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I am at my absolute happiest when all the Australian franchises are winning.

There have been several encouraging performances lately, mainly by the Reds and the Tahs. The Brumbies squandered a pretty good opportunity not long ago.

Feeling a bit better today. Winning a game is a helluva lot better than the alternative, and that goes for ALL our teams.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Oh FFS.
This is what’s partly to blame for what everyone considered until last night was the abominable state of oz rugby.
This was a team of 14 men for, what, 55 minutes and 13 men for 65.
Now people ar3 saying it isn’t too late for this mob of would be’s in 2018.
This is why the steak needed to continue: so that people would stop kidding themselves.
Last night changes nothing except the streak: it was a well earned and well deserved streak and now, like everything else in this game in oz, it will be squandered on could be’s, would be’s and could a Beens.
Wake the fuck up people.
Man can't we just have one. Just one enjoyable moment this year? No one needs to 'wake the fuck up'. Everyone knows exactly where we stand. You need to shut the fuck up and let us enjoy a win.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Why am I reminded of the great hit by "The Who"? "Won't get fooled again".

"Meet the new boss,

Same as the old boss".

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Since when did a line break matter?

That has been the way it has been adjudicated for some time.

The infraction in the law book is a penalty. It's not an automatic yellow card except in Sevens.

The yellow card in the 15 a side game in general is when penalty offences kill an attacking opportunity. I.e. intentional knock on when there is a break or scoring opportunity. Hands in the ruck or not rolling away when the other side is hot on attack etc.

Hooper's one was clearly a penalty. It didn't shut down an attacking opportunity though. Nothing was happening.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Man can't we just have one. Just one enjoyable moment this year? No one needs to 'wake the fuck up'. Everyone knows exactly where we stand. You need to shut the fuck up and let us enjoy a win.

I my view prevents you enjoying the win what does that say about its hollowness - and/or yours?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I haven't watched the game on TV yet. Did they show Nabura's dummy spit after he was red carded? He had an absolute tantrum on the western touchline.

Surely once he saw the replay he knew he was going to get red carded. I can't see how there was any surprise there.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I haven't watched the game on TV yet. Did they show Nabura's dummy spit after he was red carded? He had an absolute tantrum on the western touchline.

Surely once he saw the replay he knew he was going to get red carded. I can't see how there was any surprise there.

Tantrums like that are often for being annoyed with yourself

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It did look almost reactive. From what i saw it looked like he stuck is foot out the tiniest bit which resulted in the collision. Didn't seem to hurt Clark or even really connect very much.

Lizard brain getting the better of him.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
Depending on how you look at it, he either saw Clark there and lined him up with his right hoof, OR, he already had his hoof out there and then retracted it a bit late when he saw Clark there. I'm actually in the latter camp but it was still negligent. Deserves a red card and a suspension but if 'intent' is a criteria then Moody should get more than this bloke.

Even by the most charitable interpretation, he has to know you can't jump with your studs out like that.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Even by the most charitable interpretation, he has to know you can't jump with your studs out like that.

Billy Slater turned it into an art form in the NRL.

Slater's method was always to have the leg out from the get go so that in most ways the defender ran into the foot. Nabura's problem was he extended his leg in a kicking motion at precisely the time where it was going to strike Clark in the face. If he hadn't done it he would have made it to ground without Clark touching him and vice versa.

joeyjohnz

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm surprised there isn't more discussion centred around why Naholo escaped without sanction for his attempted tackle on Naiyavoro during his second try.

That was a yellow card every day of the week and twice on Sundays. It's just as; if not more dangerous than a Shoulder charge to the head.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I'm surprised there isn't more discussion centred around why Naholo escaped without sanction for his attempted tackle on Naiyavoro during his second try.

That was a yellow card every day of the week and twice on Sundays. It's just as; if not more dangerous than a Shoulder charge to the head.

I wondered about that but the commentators were lauding it as a 'fantastic try saving attempt' or something similar so I didn't bother to say anything.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

From the reverse angle (they replayed this a ton of games at the ground for some reason whilst the TMO was looking at it even though it was clear he'd grounded it cleanly), whilst Naholo led with the shoulder the only bit of him that ended up being in front of Naiyaravoro trying to make the tackle was his arm. If he'd been successful with the tackle it would have been legal. His shoulder was too late and was never going to hit Taqele.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
That has been the way it has been adjudicated for some time.

The infraction in the law book is a penalty. It's not an automatic yellow card except in Sevens.

The yellow card in the 15 a side game in general is when penalty offences kill an attacking opportunity. I.e. intentional knock on when there is a break or scoring opportunity. Hands in the ruck or not rolling away when the other side is hot on attack etc.

Hooper's one was clearly a penalty. It didn't shut down an attacking opportunity though. Nothing was happening.
Cheers

Interesting that I've seen many knock downs where a line break wasn't on been given as a yellow this year. Inconsistent

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.