• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 14 - Waratahs v Highlanders @ SFS - Saturday 19 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Well, fuck, wasn't that pretty to watch?

Only caught the second half because I slept in (#Berlin) but it seems the skills are coming along nicely, and our lightweight pack is somehow getting the job done.

Some astute decision making (nice kicks from Beale, Foley and Folau) and it seems that the backline are starting to understand their roles, relative to one another, as a unit.

Whilst 2018 is a bridge too far for the Tahs, I think next year (with a few astute forward recruits) we could really develop into something nice. Never thought I'd say that under Gibson.

Also, how nice was it to see Rona score in the corner off the scrum? That's how you do it when you're a man up - draw and pass, draw and pass.

The Brumbies need to take notes. Their crash ball plan against 13 men a few weeks back was not shmick rugby.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Also, how nice was it to see Rona score in the corner off the scrum? That's how you do it when you're a man up - draw and pass, draw and pass.

The Brumbies need to take notes. Their crash ball plan against 13 men a few weeks back was not shmick rugby.

Rona proved himself again tonight, is getting very close to taking the Wallaby 13 jersey from Kurindrani.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
Congratulations Tahs. To some extent I'm glad the streak is over (though I'd have preferred it to be ended against the Crusaders) as now a trans-Tasman match will stand on its own merits rather than being some meta-poll of Super Rugby's viability.

And I'm not blaming the loss on the red card, it was the most deserved red card I've ever seen. Just one of the most stupid baffling things I've ever seen on a rugby pitch.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Whilst 2018 is a bridge too far for the Tahs, I think next year (with a few astute forward recruits) we could really develop into something nice. Never thought I'd say that under Gibson.

I don't think it's a bridge too far for this year at all. IF - and it's a big IF - they can put a whole game together of some of the performances of the last 2 weeks they can beat any side in the comp. It could be reminiscent of 2014 where they got off to fairly 'meh' first half of the season and then really hit their straps in the second half.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Oh FFS.
This is what’s partly to blame for what everyone considered until last night was the abominable state of oz rugby.
This was a team of 14 men for, what, 55 minutes and 13 men for 65.
Now people ar3 saying it isn’t too late for this mob of would be’s in 2018.
This is why the steak needed to continue: so that people would stop kidding themselves.
Last night changes nothing except the streak: it was a well earned and well deserved streak and now, like everything else in this game in oz, it will be squandered on could be’s, would be’s and could a Beens.
Wake the fuck up people.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There's reason to. Aus rugby still has real problems but separate that from this team and what they can do on the field.
This team remains a joke based on the whole season.
“Can do” does not get you anywhere.
Have done is how you measure it and they have been unadulterated abject shite for 9.5/10ths of the last 2 seasons.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
This team remains a joke based on the whole season.
“Can do” does not get you anywhere.
Have done is how you measure it and they have been unadulterated abject shite for 9.5/10ths of the last 2 seasons.

you're just ruing and trying to justify your now embarrassing decision to defect to the Brumbies. I'm entitled to my own opinion, you can sleep easy with your ones.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I look at the for and against differential as a true indicator of where teams are at. Based on that the Crusaders and Hurricanes are well ahead of the pack and we are equal 3rd with the Chiefs. Your Brumbies are 12th. That falls into your measurement of 'have done' as far as this season goes as far as I am concerned.

Last season they were unadulterated abject shite as you put it, I'm not going to dispute that.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Tevita Nabura has been cited. I've only seen a screen-grab of it but fuck me that's some MMA shit right there, he needs to be gone for a VERY long time.

7N6S5VHB5BCGJLELMFKXDVCBCU.jpg

How did Clark handle commentating his boy getting kicked in the face? He's a real pro but that's gotta be hard.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Good win, we played some good football

I did notice a couple of things, Staniforth was more effective, he wasn't left as a one-out runner, but had guys on his hip

Latu was Latu, great going forward and was again penalised at the breakdown

Gordon is quite slow to the breakdown; and that slows the clearance etc etc

And some smart work from the whole side to leverage the one man advantage

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Tevita Nabura has been cited. I've only seen a screen-grab of it but fuck me that's some MMA shit right there, he needs to be gone for a VERY long time.

View attachment 9925

How did Clark handle commentating his boy getting kicked in the face? He's a real pro but that's gotta be hard.
It was definitely a Red I don't think he meant to kick him in the head.. But he looked and the foot went out and pow.. He will be gone a while though, and rightfully so.. very stupid, and will cost him at the start of his career..

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Didn't watch. Came on here ready to comment on how some Kiwi team was finally going to pay for all the media abuse.

Then i saw the kung-fu kick lol. What the actual fuck was he doing?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Didn't watch. Came on here ready to comment on how some Kiwi team was finally going to pay for all the media abuse.

Then i saw the kung-fu kick lol. What the actual fuck was he doing?

Depending on how you look at it, he either saw Clark there and lined him up with his right hoof, OR, he already had his hoof out there and then retracted it a bit late when he saw Clark there. I'm actually in the latter camp but it was still negligent. Deserves a red card and a suspension but if 'intent' is a criteria then Moody should get more than this bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.