• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rob Horne

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheNextBigThing

Warranted.

I don't want him rushed back. He won't ever reach his enormous potential if he's constantly being rushed back to fitness and risking exacerbations.

If he is truly ready to return then that is great news. Deans' refusal to consider him suggests he isn't though.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I wouldn't be considering him. He's got barely any footy under his belt this season or last. I reckon he's a great talent, but one that is as yet unproven. It's not like he's got 20-30 quality tests under his belt and we know what we're getting. What we've seen so far is bags of potential and a lot of injuries. This is meant as no disrespect to the bloke, I really rate him, but the risks are too high IMHO.

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
Excited. If he's half as good as what people say (haven't really seen him myself), then I'm definitely pumped to see him settled and playing well come WC time. Sounds like a stellar talent.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i saw him to and he said if he doesnt get selected for RWC he might take the rest of the year off instead of playing to get some good rest i for his body.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wait was he even at Wallaby training if he isn't in the squad? Who else is training without being the squad?

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
i do not understand this obsession with horne?
hes played a couple of tests in which he was average. played a few s14 games in which he was very good (and outplayed his opposition everytime as i remember)
but he hasnt been on the park all year? and has 30 caps of probably about 70 potential state caps.
he may be great in years to come> but how can anyone seriously consider him for a spot in the 30 or 40(for that matter) man squads when if he was to get injured (and this is a high possibility) he cant be replaced.
look at ashley cooper who has played most of his tests for australia consecutively and always polled well in game performances>
look at a fainga who has been an unsung hero of the reds for the last 2 years>
both these players stay on the park and in a squad of 30 we cannot carry a liability because he might survive the game
the world cup is a lot of games in a short period> horne cant even play one a week
i cant believe people keep pushing this especially when they knock rockys selection > rocky is considered in the top couple of players in his position when hes playing ffs!
horne does not have the runs on the board at international level to warrant all this hype>
i want to make it clear im a tahs supporter and i rate horne very highly but cmon people this is a wc were talkin about
i seriously question anyone who suggests hes the best we got after the last two years and his amount of time off the field

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
True enough, jay-c.
I would only take issue with the statement that A Fainga'a is unsung - every time I log on there is a full choir harmonising with gusto!!

haha maybe the amount of times ive heard he unsung got to me>>

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
There are still people suggesting that Cam Sheperd is the best wing/fullback option for the Wobs, so settle in for the long haul, jay-c (with respects to the Horne bandwagon).

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Horne is fantastic, if he is match fit he should be back up to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) ni questions asked, where that leaves him in the squad selection is the issue as he isn't a utility so may miss put due to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.