• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rio Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
7 points should be enough to get through. Think the States won't beat Fiji, so regardless of the result of Japan v Kenya (boy, haven't they been Brilliant and Disappointing respectively), you should be through.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Do we though? World Rugby site and google have us in 3rd place as our points diff is worse than the french. think the commentator got it wrong.
You are right about the 3rd. I has stupidly listened to the commentator and trusted that he knew what he was talking about.

It's all getting tight but I think that provided one out of Fiji or the Poms win we will go through as 7 or 8. If they both lose our for and against may make us 9th of the teams on 7 points

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Okay. What does this game mean for us? Read on PR that if GB won we essentially qualified. Is that true? Also, are NZ out of the running?
My reading is we will be in.

For the Kiwis a US win against Fiji sinks them. If the US lose it is For and Against between them and Kiwis. Assuming Argies beat Brazil

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Okay. What does this game mean for us? Read on PR that if GB won we essentially qualified. Is that true? Also, are NZ out of the running?
You're on 7 points, New Zealand are on 5, both of you are third in your pools, with all games played in both, so you're through. Kiwis have to hope the US gets pumped I think, given the Argies play Brazil and they play Fiji.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
You're on 7 points, New Zealand are on 5, both of you are third in your pools, with all games played in both, so you're through. Kiwis have to hope the US gets pumped I think, given the Argies play Brazil and they play Fiji.

Saw on twitter that if the US can either win or lose within 4 they qualify. Which would be devastating for NZ.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
USA 24-12 Brazil

Looks like NZ will be down to 11 players, Scott Curry & Joe Weber both missed the GB match & with SBW already gone it'd appear they've used both their injury reserves.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Pulu fucks up a probable try, failing to release (or pass!!!) when tackled. Reiko binned, tackle looked OK but ruled dangerous.........

Kaka under the sticks, NZ 7-5 Fiji.

Siren goes, ref blows oranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.