• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Waratahs Rd 18 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Management going back on their word to overpay stars, a coach jumping before the fall so his record looks good and he has more chance of the wallaby job. A playmaker found out at he next level who went from testing himself on the open market to signing long term for the security, how embarrassing for defending champions to miss the playoffs, are they the first?

The thought of losing at home to a team "rotting from the head" in a rebuilding year must be a horrible thought. All the pressure is on the mighty reds, Tahs are already on holidays while reds are walking cock proud on the old "mathematic possibility". Unfortunately. Win, lose or draw, both teams will be remembered as equals, both failed to qualify. Only difference is, the fall from the top is much greater.

You're acting like Slim at the moment

T

TOCC

Waratahs: 15. Adam Ashley-Cooper, 14. Lachie Turner, 13. Rob Horne, 12. Berrick Barnes, 11. Drew Mitchell, 10. Bernard Foley, 9. Grayson Hart, 8. Dave Dennis, 7. Chris Alcock, 6. Dean Mumm, 5. Kane Douglas, 4. Sitaleki Timani, 3. Paddy Ryan, 2. Tatafu Polota-Nau, 1. Benn Robinson (c). Reserves: John Ulugia, Jeremy Tilse, Lopeti Timani, Jono Jenkins, Brendan McKibbin, Tom Carter, Tom Kingston.

Kepu is a big loss... .

No Palu also means the Reds backrow should gain ascendency as well..

T

TOCC

Yes. He seems to be getting to the bottom of his biscuit barrel but. The good bait came out early. Now he's throwing cheaper shots than Quade v McCaw.

I realise QLD fans are well known for inflammatory comments, but they are from the usual parties that everyone has come to love/ignore.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Kepu is a big loss. .

No Palu also means the Reds backrow should gain ascendency as well..

With that backrow, the Tahs won't be playing with much width
Straight up the middle mostly and no wider than inside passes from Barnes whilst the Reds should be looking at fast transitions and width

T

TOCC

Not really, everything said is based on a truth. That may be the reason you slander me instead of offering thoughtful rebuttal.
No what you said is based on a speculative opinion, and no im not being slanderous...

Anyway i don't wish to engage in some online argument, I'm sure there is another queenslander out their you can bait with your comments instead...
So good luck to you this weekend and whilst i don't want your team to win that doesn't mean i don't want you to enjoy the game..

T

TOCC

With that backrow, the Tahs won't be playing with much width
Straight up the middle mostly and no wider than inside passes from Barnes whilst the Reds should be looking at fast transitions and width

Its such a shame when you consider the potency of the back 3 in full flight... albeit Turner and Mitchell are a little short of a gallop at the moment

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Waratahs: 15. Adam Ashley-Cooper, 14. Lachie Turner, 13. Rob Horne, 12. Berrick Barnes, 11. Drew Mitchell, 10. Bernard Foley, 9. Grayson Hart, 8. Dave Dennis, 7. Chris Alcock, 6. Dean Mumm, 5. Kane Douglas, 4. Sitaleki Timani, 3. Paddy Ryan, 2. Tatafu Polota-Nau, 1. Benn Robinson (c). Reserves: John Ulugia, Jeremy Tilse, Lopeti Timani, Jono Jenkins, Brendan McKibbin, Tom Carter, Tom Kingston.

That's quite an interesting team for a number of reasons:
  • Kepu and Palu will be big losses, their work in the forward battle will be missed. I think that will allow Higgers to play quite loose this week.
  • That being said, Paddy has been sensational in the open when given the chance. Last week he gave Alexander a scrummaging lesson and if they let Daley on the park it could get very ugly. I suspect Holmes might play 80 this week.
  • I hope Sita takes the recent criticism to heart and knuckles down to his work this week. I expect Lopeti will come on at 60 with Mumm going to lock in his place.
  • Mumm to me has always been a 6 who had to play 5 to get a start. How this plays out in the game will be worth watching.
  • Hart and Foley get another chance together. Pity Hart has had such good opposition both weeks, if he can produce this week then he'll be the pea for the number one spot next year. It does look as if Pretorius will be elsewhere next year - marquee signing or not he won't be happy to be third choice two weeks in a row.
  • I hope Barnes has a better game this week, last week he was beyond poor for a playmaker whose role it is to set his outsides alight.
  • Jono Jenkins still seems to be in the squad mix. Maybe he's still a chance for next year, though we have got so many almost 6/7/8's on contract it is likely to be very tough for him. He has not yet produced the stellar form he did for the Force last year, to do it in the last round against the Bananas would be nice.
  • From my early childhood I always hated bananas; the doctors said I was alergic to them. Some sort of genetic bias causing me to be a Waratahs fan I suspect.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Jono Jenkins still seems to be in the squad mix. Maybe he's still a chance for next year, though we have got so many almost 6/7/8's on contractit is likely to be very tough for him. He has not yet produced the stellar form he did for the Force last year, to do it in the last round against the Bananas would be nice.

Surely only one out of Jenkins and McCutcheon can remain on contract next season. McCutcheon would seem more likely as he can play 6 better than Jenkins. Considering Hooper is coming it is possible neither of them will be.

T

tranquility

Surprisingly for all the attacking talk, the reds hae only managed to score 2 more try's this season, 33 - 31.

They should win this game easy but like in life, even when something's on a platter, Qld get the wobbles as they know there just not good enough, that's why there not wallabies or national heroes like other teams. No ones proud of a fluke.

There is no way you could be successful in any facet of life with this attitude. It is so counter-intuitive to basic human reasoning, and quite frankly doesn't raise my blood as much as it just purely perplexes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.