• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Tahs : Opening game of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
JJJ said:
I'm worried about our sides watching this match, after having seen the crusaders vs highlanders match. I think the new tackle interpretations will favour the kiwis more than us. And all the kiwi matches have seen far fewer scrum resets than our matches, which means we'll probably be fingered by the refs as repeat offenders.

Hopefully it's just a slow start.
I reckon it's the old "Good Scrum being dragged into a shitfight by a bad scrum" syndrome, but it's just a theory. Reckon the Tah scrum will be okay. Saders will murder the Reds in the pack next week though.

C

chief

Firstly I would like to congratulate QLD, yes QLD for letting down 17,000 paying supporters within a matter of minutes. Well done guys.

Secondly, well done Craig Joubert on allowing the breakdown to be a free for all, players leaving feet, players not rolling away and hands being used all day (both teams). Also to add a yellow card should have accompanied the penalty try. Interesting to see what Joubert says after the game about it.

Adam Byrnes, well done to you on becoming one of the sickest players in world rugby for that bite. Shame on you.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Scorz said:
I reckon it's the old "Good Scrum being dragged into a shitfight by a bad scrum" syndrome,

What he said. Tahs pack is very good but when you're up against dirt-trackers and rookies you're going to look bad. Takes two to tango and all that.

Craig Joubert is a fucking pillock

P

Part of the union

That game just goes to prove that at this level you have to play for 80 minutes or risk getting done, QLD deserved the win but the last ten minutes they did the simple things wrong and it cost them the match.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
is this why the wallabies cant close out games, because they have so many reds players in the team?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Caldwell gave Byrnes the finger, and Byrnes obliged by eating it.

Attachments

• Caldwell Bitten.jpg
    Caldwell Bitten.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 267

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Some thoughts and observations:

Reds:
- Ewen is already kicking goals with the reds. He's turning them into a hardworking unit. There were a number of times, when in the past, they would have fallen off but kept working at the game. On paper the Red should have been killed but when in can to the frame they went round for round. That's the mark of a fantastic coach. I didn't think much of him when he was at the Tahs but i really do now. The reds have a good future.
- Is it just me or do the reds look like a better team because cooper has cut is hair?
- I thought Horwill at six wasn't too bad. Deans should take notice. Could come in handy. I hope he stays there for the season.
- Genia is the best no.9 in Australia
- Hynes is fantastic no. 15
- Cooper is maturing. I thought he showed some good leadership and his flair at the right tempo is amazing.
- Reds will have a real go at the likes of the Lions (a), Force (h), Highlanders (h), Cheetahs (a) and Blues (h) if they play like that.
- This loss will help them in the long run. They need to understand how to throw away a win before they start winning.

The Tahs:

- They were a mess tonight. Well and truely the worst team this round. The showed nothing for a team that is about to tour SA to face the bulls and the stormers.
- Beale looks fit. I like him as a 12. Barnes and Burgo didn't help him at all tonight. Both being very poor.
- They look to have the fastest back three in the comp yet have no clue about how to use it. yet.
- Mumm is a prick
- This kicking the ball behind the line and having the winger sprint after it can only be effective for so long. Any team thats looking into their play will see this and drop the wings back further.
- Barnes is the most overated footballer you'll see this year.

C

chief

Agree with you there Louie. Except the thing is the Reds won't play like they did, I guarantee it, the folk at Ballymore are in for another long season. Quade's hair cut is the real plus, hopefully the government cuts Joubert's working VISA over here so we won't have him referee next weeks match.

QLD busied themselves in off the ball play. It wasn't for physical presence, it was for Adam Byrnes' pride which he certainly does lack at the moment. It was a waste of time, game time as well.

D

Doc

Rod Davies really surprised me with how well he played tonight (I've been a huge critic).

Hynes really disappointed. He had some good moments but his decision making was terrible and contributed to a number of penalties and turnovers. Diggers looked average as well, possibly playing hurt.

D

Doc

Spook said:
Doc said:
Hynes really disappointed.

:nta:

It wasn't that he was flat out bad, but as I mentioned he made alot of bad decisions, threw passes he shouldn't have, was scrappy in tackle ball situations. For an average player probably was ok, but I expect more from arguably qlds best back for the last 3-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.