• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v. Force Super Rugby Round 6 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Unless he meant the EOYT?

1. Slipper
2. Polata-Nau
3. Ma'afu
4. Simmons
5. Horwill
6. Higginbotham
7. Pocock
8. McCalman
9. Genia
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Ioane
12. Barnes
13. Horne
14. Turner
15. Ashley-Cooper

N

Newter

And then Robbie goes and selects the whole team for the Wallabies and look how that turned out.

Hmm. You are saying that the Reds' top players are not actually that good? Not worthy of their Super title?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Samoa game Slim which saw Hanson (most deserving), Robinson and Davies debut who I thought weren't very deserving. Then there's Daley, Fainga'a and Simmons in 2010 and lastly Samo's recall

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Qwerty, I am surprised you keep lasting through the super season. I thought trolling was frowned upon here. It might be best if you pull your head in and stay away from threads involving the reds - you just can't help yourself.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Indeed - what Scotty said.
I get why followers of one team take some modicum of pleasure in seeing other teams stumble, but don't agree with it. But there are a few too many taking unnecessary potshots that add nothing to the discussion other than providing a flammable source.
Equally so, fans of other teams can validly critique the performance of other teams without it being trolling...all the time.

N

Newter

The Samoa game Slim which saw Hanson (most deserving), Robinson and Davies debut who I thought weren't very deserving. Then there's Daley, Fainga'a and Simmons in 2010 and lastly Samo's recall

Daley will never be a Wallaby again, methinks. Nor Davies. Simmons had some good moments in 2010 but hasn't worked as hard since then.
It's remarkable what the Reds did achieve with such limited talent, which I think is why they drew so many fans.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Usually I bite my tongue and stay away from your trolling.....but as per usuall you are talking out of your arse mate.

Are you sure that Slim is who you're after? As far as I can gather, he's actually correcting a Queensland basher, bizarre as that may seem.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Are you sure that Slim is who you're after? As far as I can gather, he's actually correcting a Queensland basher, bizarre as that may seem.
Actually I clicked reply on the wrong one, was meant for qwerty.

My apologies Slim!

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
What the faaaark! That was disappointing! And the Force aren't even a proper rugby team!, what's going on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
The S15 comp is now so competitive that there are only so many levels you can go down in terms of depth before you can get destroyed by opposition. The Reds still showed glimpses of the speed in their attacking play when they generated quick ball, but Mark Taylor's defense is getting caught out after multiple phases with younger, less experienced personnel. Reds need to get healthier quickly or this season will be a right-off.

M

Moono75

The game on Saturday just shows what a Jekyll and Hyde team the Force are. Capable of so much but often let themselves down with inconsistency and complacency. I want to see the effort they put in on Saturday reproduced in all their games. I realise the Red's have been decimated by injury but the Force did exactly what they should have and won comfortably. What could have been if we hadn't dropped the ball against the Rebels last week. Please RG don't tinker with the team too much this week. Reward the guys for putting in a big performance. The Badger was great in the centres and I'm liking Wara out on the wing. Forwards great, back row great. Big test against the Chiefs this week.

Paddysboy

Stan Wickham (3)
You'd think a few of the backs will be fit for the Brumbies game. I heard one of the commentators say last night that QC (Quade Cooper) was two months away?? Is that correct? I may be out of the loop but last I heard he was originally hoping to be playing before the end of April. Not that I think he is going to suddenly turn things around or save the Reds all on his own but it would be good to have our first choice flyhalf back.

Someone made a point earlier about Link bringing in blokes like Dallan and Rapana and then virtually hiding them in attack. Thats a very good point and to be honest I think I only saw the ball in Rapana's hands once or twice the entire game. So essentially the Reds were out there playing a few men down the whole game... at least in attack. Makes it pretty hard to score points. A team is only as strong as its weakest link and not to say the new blokes are weak but if they aren't even being used then i'd say there are some links missing entirely.

TBD that comment was from Greg Martin, so ignore it. He also said on Thursday night on The Rugby Club that Adam Thomson was out for the Highlanders.....I guess it was a different Adam Thomson who scored a hat-trick the next day. The only better example from the Fox 'experts' of a lack of effort and researching their subject was when Kearns asked on Saturday in the Brumbies game: "where did Ian Prior play last year?" He seemed surprised he was Genia's back-up. Hopeless.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Report in todays Courier Mail says Cooper is a month away, however A. Fainga'a, Lucas & Harris due back after the bye. I suppose it's anyones guess on Quade but great news on the other three!

Status
Not open for further replies.