• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v. Force Super Rugby Round 6 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Morahan or Shipperly need to be at 13. Someone to straighten the damn attack. They look far better going straight.

Given how Murphy has kicked why the hell didn't Horwill take the points on offer at various times

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Consolation try from Shipperley. At least we managed 3 tries this week, better than our single try effort last week. We also didn't have as many points put on us either.

The absolute worst thing to come out of this will be Waylon banging on about the Force all week now...

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
I sincerely hope that the powers to be in the ARU are taking note.
A 30 man squad with 5 EPS backups are just not going to cut it in the professional game.
We need to have the Provinces A team playing each other, and even a few OS games, at the start of the season at least. Expecting players to step up to Super Rugby from club rugby is a big ask. Some handle it but quite a few take a while to do it, especially the further along a season gets.
We need another tier.
We are not exposing players enough to a higher standard of Rugby.

Force played well, the Reds didn't. We made to many mistakes and paid the price. Force did their homework.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I sincerely hope that the powers to be in the ARU are taking note.
A 30 man squad with 5 EPS backups are just not going to cut it in the professional game.
We need to have the Provinces A team playing each other, and even a few OS games, at the start of the season at least. Expecting players to step up to Super Rugby from club rugby is a big ask. Some handle it but quite a few take a while to do it, especially the further along a season gets.
We need another tier.
We are not exposing players enough to a higher standard of Rugby.

Force played well, the Reds didn't. We made to many mistakes and paid the price. Force did their homework.

I think I was starting on this dead horse too after Force's 3 losses to open the season.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
It's been a dead horse that I have been flogging for years.
Just think of the extra rugby up for watching! I say bring on another comp.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The Tahs are at full strength so it even better to watch.
Well, they're not actually. No team is at the moment, I would say. Injuries are a universal problem. Reds "debits" are not the biggest problem (i.e backs) with the forwards getting bashed. The Tahs have the perennial problem of reasonable to good pack with average to poor backs, hampered by missing players like Mitchell and Turner. But not enough to make a real excuse of it.
Nobody has bragging rights here.

Reactions: BPC

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Both the Reds and the Tahs should be having a good hard look at the less fancied Aussie sides. Especially the Brumbies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Dont bite, dont bite, dont bite....
Well, they're not actually. No team is at the moment, I would say. Injuries are a universal problem. Reds "debits" are not the biggest problem (i.e backs) with the forwards getting bashed. The Tahs have the perennial problem of reasonable to good pack with average to poor backs, hampered by missing players like Mitchell and Turner. But not enough to make a real excuse of it.
Nobody has bragging rights here.

I understand we are all coming off some very dissapointing losses and all upset. Its the blame game and I love to take it out in the tah's. :) and for supporters that boo there own team, I didn't realise I was out of line.
The week is over and it was fucken terrible except for the well played Force. And the reds are still in front of the tah's on the ladder so that's great.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well fellers, it's time to get out the overproof bundy and air it for next weekend.

If that's the best we can do against the Force (who played well, to their credit), we are going to get belted by the Brumbies next week.

For a team which was tipped to run 4th or 5th in the aussie conference this year, they have looked the best of the Aus teams so far.

Somehow it doesn't hurt as much as this sort of thing did back in 2007 or so...:(

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Really happy with the way the boys played tonight and in particular the enthusiasm they showed in the tough stuff. That's where the game was won and lost I reckon. It's great to see a pack get stuck in like that and lay a great foundation for the backs to use.

It was just a relief to finally win one on the scoreboard where we also had good territory and amount of possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.