• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v. Crusaders, May 29th, Suncorp - 2011R15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
25 missed tackles in the match. 19 by the Hurricanes 17 by the Force, but the Force missed 9 of those in the last 20 minutes where the Hurricanes but on 17 points.

The last passage of play where the Force where attacking the Hurricanes try line was 3 minutes and 32 seconds long with 17 phases strung together.

Ref Glen Jackson was force to award 12 penalties in the game (6 a piece) which is well below the competition average of 19.5 per game.

Are you G&G's official savant? ;)

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Vic Reds Fan I agree. You look at Genia's form in recent 5 weeks or so and it's been second to none. His kicking has been 10/10 every game, his running game brilliant, every pass accurate, and look at the quick service he gives

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Genia would certainly be mentioned in a discussion on best in the world, particularly at the moment with mccaw and Carter coming back from injury. Who else would pop to mind at the moment?

T

TOCC

FYI, 5'000 are pre-sold as stadium seating season tickets, so they technically aren't sold purely for this game..

It just means you could have a sell-out and only 48'000 people turn up

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
Genia would certainly be mentioned in a discussion on best in the world, particularly at the moment with mccaw and Carter coming back from injury. Who else would pop to mind at the moment?

That is sort of what I am saying. McCaw and Carter have been injured. How McCaw won IRB player of the year last year still has me baffled.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
FYI, 5'000 are pre-sold as stadium seating season tickets, so they technically aren't sold purely for this game..

It just means you could have a sell-out and only 48'000 people turn up

Indeed, but I guess 48,000 is still a massive crowd and an Australian record. Hopefully this match is a big enough occasion for all those ticket holders to bother turning up!

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
After all the speculation and attention SBW has gone thru with the Bulldogs drama and then the NZRFU and ABs and now the Crusaders, I reckon this kind of stuff hardly has any effect on him or his game at all.

He seems very confident of just his own game, his abilities and coupled with a great work ethic and desire, just goes out and plays his game. I love it.

On that article: Yeh I think Mckenzie was just having a playful go and was talking out of his arse on purpose quite frankly - he coaches Quade Cooper for gods sake, who pulls off the most risky plays in the competition. By doing this, he can get the media writing about the biggest name of the weekend, which is obviously Sonny Bill, and then there is going to be more interest in the game, more bums on seats and in front of teles.

T

TOCC

Indeed, but I guess 48,000 is still a massive crowd and an Australian record. Hopefully this match is a big enough occasion for all those ticket holders to bother turning up!

I still think it will be a record, but i just wanted to point out that saying "48'000" tickets have been sold is slightly misleading, that would equate to a crowd of around 43'000 going by the previous reds crowds. NSW and Force both sold substantially more tickets then what attended.

When you add up the stadium season ticket holders and 3/4 full corporate facilities, it can add up to a few thousand..

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Genia is without doubt the best 9 in the world and arguably the best player in the world.

I love shit like "without doubt". Really? Does F du Preez ring a bell? How about the English scrummie who tore Aus a new arsehole last year? Genia is a damn fine player and among the best but leave out "without doubt"

S

Saders07

On the mark riptide, agree damn fine player, amongst the best but me thinks VRF has a set of rose tinted glasses..

T

TOCC

I love shit like "without doubt". Really? Does F du Preez ring a bell? How about the English scrummie who tore Aus a new arsehole last year? Genia is a damn fine player and among the best but leave out "without doubt"

The same England scrum half who imploded against the Irish in the 6 nations?
He still Has a long road ahead of him....

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
I still think it will be a record, but i just wanted to point out that saying "48'000" tickets have been sold is slightly misleading, that would equate to a crowd of around 43'000 going by the previous reds crowds. NSW and Force both sold substantially more tickets then what attended.

When you add up the stadium season ticket holders and 3/4 full corporate facilities, it can add up to a few thousand..

We've done this equation before however that included friday night games and saturday arvo, and easter. Amount of hype around this one plus the sell out means they will all show up

T

TOCC

We've done this equation before however that included friday night games and saturday arvo, and easter. Amount of hype around this one plus the sell out means they will all show up

your assuming that all 5'000 of the Suncorp Season ticket holders are Union fans, they could very well be just league fans or even football fans

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Against the Tahs, when the Reds scrum was getting pounded Horwill claimed they were slipping on the pitch and the ref let them continually reset without getting penalised.

I think James will definitely be bringing that story out again tomorrow. There have been 6 Rugby League matches (including curtain raisers) played at Suncorp in the last 3 days and by the end of last night's double header the surface was really looking chopped up. Add on to that the predicted showers tomorrow and I've got real concerns as to how it will hold together come scrum-time.

I hope the groundsmen have been busy overnight and this morning.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
The same England scrum half who imploded against the Irish in the 6 nations?
He still Has a long road ahead of him....

As does Genia who was pretty average all of the 2010 International season.

Being a fantastic Super Rugby player is still a bit off being the best player in the world.....quite a bit.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
As does Genia who was pretty average all of the 2010 International season.

Being a fantastic Super Rugby player is still a bit off being the best player in the world.....quite a bit.

True, but he was incredible in the 2009 international season - it was pretty clear he was carrying injuries for a lot of last year. I think he's quite capable of taking his super form to the international stage (again), but agree that it wasn't quite there last year.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I gather by that you did not watch a single All Blacks test last year.

Off topic (sort of), but very true. Last year McCaw had so much more impact for his team than any other player - and did it for a team that won all but one of their matches. Pocock was excellent for the Wallabies but McCaw was dominating in a dominant team. I would agree that his 2009 award should have gone to FDP however.

Status
Not open for further replies.