• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies - RD10 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
McKenzie is a diplomat in that interview. Magnanimous.

White gives credit to both sides.

Good interview from both coaches.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Great game of rugby, test match intensity - well done both teams.

What a difference a month makes! Not so long ago Brumbies were miles ahead of all the other Aussie teams, tonight proves the Reds are right up there with them. They did seem to lack finishing skills with that weight of possession, but all credit to the Brumbies defence. With weekly improvement in the Waratahs and some good, albeit inconsistent, signs from the Force and Rebels, I'm quite confident now from a Wallabies perspective.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I hope this Ref is doing subbies for the rest of his career. Bloody useless.

He shouldn't have been given the responsibility to do such an intense match, he looked out of sorts at the end. Blame SANZAR

That was without doubt the worst refereeing performance of the year.

Close but title has to go to Jonathon White. Chiefs vs Highlanders

Nothing will ever replace that performance as the worst ever.

Reactions: Ash

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Agree about the breakdowns.

Breakdowns were a dockyard brawl as the second half went on. I think that Jackson needs to be less hesitant to give penalties, he seems to hesitate and let the moments pass.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Oh , a interview with Robbie D.

Getting some questions re G. SMITH. Not up to him he says. Decisions to be made "Further down the food chain". Re - Folua and fullback for Wallas, obviously Rob is a big fan of Israel. For mine, if Mogg doesnt get the 15 spot, we will lose more than we win this year. Please just go away robbie , please

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Oh , a interview with Robbie D.

Getting some questions re G. SMITH. Not up to him he says. Decisions to be made "Further down the food chain". Re - Folua and fullback for Wallas, obviously Rob is a big fan of Israel. For mine, if Mogg doesnt get the 15 spot, we will lose more than we win this year. Please just go away robbie , please

Uhh... Have you seen Izzy play? Kids on fire and is showing more poise than Mogg did tonight.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Uhh. Have you seen Izzy play? Kids on fire and is showing more poise than Mogg did tonight.[/quote

Izzy can catch a ball for sure.I expect to see the Mckibbon kick plenty to the wing for rest of the year. Mogg deserves a shot, to my mind more then Israel. Just my view.

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
I wish Marto would just admit his man crush on cooper (and all the reds players really) and be done with it. His commentary ruined the game for me, and that was 5 minutes in. Switched the sound off eventually.

I like the way mowen spoke to the ref with some respect. Same cant be said for others.

Tough game, not sure how to feel about the result.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Some suspect throws from Qlds own Stephen Moore let go.. Hanson disappointed me tonight, Saia may get the call up to the Blues on Friday.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
He shouldn't have been given the responsibility to do such an intense match, he looked out of sorts at the end.

If he's not allowed to do a regular season pool game tonight he shouldn't be given any game at all. Which is ridiculous.

Tonight was just another game. It's not finals footy where ref selections are taken into account.

He lost control of the breakdown, but he's neither the first or the last to do that. And there's far more experienced refa that have lost control also.

I'm surprised some posters have used their first comment on the game to bag the ref when there was a lot more positive things to discuss about the game - Davies finding his mojo somewhat, Digby's best game this season after a few poor showings, Coopers good vision, Lilo continuing positive play, Kimlin's best game in ages, G. Smith up to some old tricks that, White's very quick service, the ending (well not great rugby but intense nonetheless) etc

Status
Not open for further replies.