• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

S

Show-n-go

Good to see Perese gaining selection in the 'QLD Residents' team in QLD Cup. What a waste of talent. IMO he would have been pushing Wallabies selection this year if injury free.

Even more telling considering how shit the broncos have been playing this year and still hasn’t got a call up

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Even more telling considering how shit the broncos have been playing this year and still hasn’t got a call up
Despite how terrible they have been going the Broncs are staked at centre. Jack Bird has been close to their best in a poor team, James Roberts is an origin rep and Staggs is one of the best u20 talents in the game. Wing is pretty well covered for them as well.

S

Show-n-go

Despite how terrible they have been going the Broncs are staked at centre. Jack Bird has been close to their best in a poor team, James Roberts is an origin rep and Staggs is one of the best u20 talents in the game. Wing is pretty well covered for them as well.

On paper their team is fantastic, they playing like shit though. You’d reckon they’d change things up a bit

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
The TMO should have never brought this incident to the refs attention. It was all sorted out by the players involved. One was holding onto the leg for too long, the other just gave him a tap with the boot to let him know that he was in the wrong & in a very vulnerable position. No malice in it - play on. Only if there was more force in the tap by Hockings- yes, look at it. Another example of TMO's being too PC. Hope he doesn't get too much time. Far less malice then Hollaway.

This is what the TMO is for, picking up cheap shots that dont get noticed. You cant attack a players face with the studs of your boots.

I have no doubt it was intentional, but not intended to injure him.

You simply cant have a situation where someone decides it is appropriate to do this to get away from someone holding their leg.

I guess if he gets let off for the "softness" of the offence because it was only a "tap" then we should allow half hearted soft eye gouges as well.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
From Strewth
Rebels - 3 wins from 6 - win at home to Reds, Tahs, Bulls and/or away to Sunwolves (Should be OK)
Brumbies - 3 wins from 5 - win home and away v Sunwolves and then 2 of three home games v Bulls, Tahs, Reds (Not bad)
Reds - 4 wins from 6 - win home v Tahs, Jags and Blues and away win against Chiefs or Rebs (Doable but unlikely)
Tahs - 4 or 5 wins from 6 - win home v Jags & Brumbies and then away v reds and Rebels (Tough!)

Given the (in) consistency of the current teams the only changes after last week is Brumbies probably looking the best followed by Rebels.

Reds v Tahs and Rebs so important!

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
schoolboy flyer JoJo Fifita has signed with Reds.. for 2021

That's massive news, Fifita is a seriously talented athlete. Still a while before he will be up to Super standard but good to see the reds are locking up promising talent.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Hockings is suspended for 3 weeks
Tough! But that seems to be what the process directs

the Judicial Committee deemed the act of foul play merited a mid-range entry point of 6 weeks due to the World Rugby instructions that dictate any incident of foul play involving contact with the head must start at a mid-range level. The actions of the Player were deemed reckless although the contact made was found not to have been made with significant force. Taking into account mitigating factors including the Player's clean judicial record, his youth and good reputation, his acceptance of responsibility and his expressed remorse, the Judicial Committee reduced the suspension to 3 weeks."

"The player is therefore suspended for 3 weeks, up to and including 24 May 2019"

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
exceptional speed. He's young with ability. While he has a contract of sorts with RA, that doesn't mean he is open to negativity. He's a boy.

He will play first XV this year at 16 so can guage him better after that rugby at a higher level.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
I spied Jordan Petaia out of his boot for the stadium redevelopment press conference. I don’t know if they wanted him to look the part of a ready to battle Red... but Rugby reg has shared a photo recently of him in the moon boot.

I wonder how far away he is returning to the paddock?

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I spied Jordan Petaia out of his boot for the stadium redevelopment press conference. I don’t know if they wanted him to look the part of a ready to battle Red. but Rugby reg has shared a photo recently of him in the moon boot.

Which Stadium is being redeveloped in Brisbane ? or was he down in Sydney ?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I spied Jordan Petaia out of his boot for the stadium redevelopment press conference. I don’t know if they wanted him to look the part of a ready to battle Red. but Rugby reg has shared a photo recently of him in the moon boot.

Article today suggested he’ll be back playing rugby during the Rugby Champs. Thankfully the NRC can provide some rugby for him

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)

He chose to play rugby league mate. Were the reds ever going to have a chance to sign him?

I’m over people upset about Izzy Perese. He didn’t leave the reds, he joined a new code entirely!
Think in those circumstances it says more about the players happiness with the game as opposed to how he feels about a team.

B

Bobby Sands

He chose to play rugby league mate. Were the reds ever going to have a chance to sign him?

I’m over people upset about Izzy Perese. He didn’t leave the reds, he joined a new code entirely!
Think in those circumstances it says more about the players happiness with the game as opposed to how he feels about a team.

He’s nowhere to be seen.

Only played Union. Was the best player at the World Cup. Is in Brisbane.

If that is not an opportunity to sign a gun under our nose, I will never know what is.