• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Of course Thorn wants coverage. He’s not an idiot. It is vital to any successful sporting organisation.

But he appears to accept that if he wants the right type of coverage it needs to be earned and is prepared to play the long game to achieve that.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Reds need to hire a journalism student or qualified journalist to produce items for all types of outlets at no charge, just consider it an advertising cost.

It should not be hard to do and it will get exposure.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The Reds need to hire a journalism student or qualified journalist to produce items for all types of outlets at no charge, just consider it an advertising cost.

It should not be hard to do and it will get exposure.

They provide plenty of material and have quite a good media department.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)

I do agree they have actually stepped up their media of late. They have those little write ups on games from years gone by. As well as getting all their top Club Rugby games on Youtube.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

It's true. But this year it seemed they stood back quickly during the off season. I'm not sure how well they are back to normal right now.

As usual, they lead all Aus franchises in promoting the premier comp. Loving what they are doing there. But for Super? Not so much this year.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The stuff I get from the Brumbies isvtop notch too. The Waratahs not so much. The Rebels didn't put me on their mailing list despite my request.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
First half was good, but allowing 5 tries in the second half to the second worst attack in the comp seems a bit of an issue

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Higgers has a calf injury and could be grade 1 or 2 according to Thorn but stressed he's 'not qualified' to diagnose but he left on crutches.

Ben Lucas obviously had a bad concussion and is unlikely for next week and will get checked for structural damage.

Tupou a bump on the shoulder but will get it checked out

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
That’s the first time this season I’ve seen us lose (in varying degrees) that apparent mental toughness and belief. We looked a bit lost in patches. It was a fear of mine that the bye might halt our momentum a bit.
Nothing for it now but to work hard and turn it back around.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
With such a young/inexperienced side, Scoey, it was always bound to happen, if not last night then at some time during the season. Will be a good learning exercise for them.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
With such a young/inexperienced side, Scoey, it was always bound to happen, if not last night then at some time during the season. Will be a good learning exercise for them.

I did not see much of the game, but the earlyish rolling maul try was staggeringly easily done. Like a knife through butter.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
So do we need to have a discussion again about DP?

I just went back and read the Team list announcment for the Brumbies game and it mentioned that Duncan was dropped from the 23 to accomodate Nabuli return to the wing.

As Nabuli was ruled out prior to the Brumbies game and they went with Ngamanu on the wing (totally out of the blue) do you think DP might of been left out for strategic purposes (game plan setup that you trained all week with CFS at 13 & having a wing for wing roster swap makes most sense)

Can DP play outside C? Sounds like if Kerevi position going forward is to be 12 then DP might be on the outside looking in.

FWIW - I'd rather carry DP then Stewart and have DP available to cover positions 10,12 & 15.. but i'll be interested to see if DP factors into the reds lineup next week because that 2nd half meltdown should have Brad Thorn taking a long hard look at his lineup and figuring out where improvements can be made with the Matchday 23.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
So do we need to have a discussion again about DP?

I just went back and read the Team list announcment for the Brumbies game and it mentioned that Duncan was dropped from the 23 to accomodate Nabuli return to the wing.

As Nabuli was ruled out prior to the Brumbies game and they went with Ngamanu on the wing (totally out of the blue) do you think DP might of been left out for strategic purposes (game plan setup that you trained all week with CFS at 13 & having a wing for wing roster swap makes most sense)

Can DP play outside C? Sounds like if Kerevi position going forward is to be 12 then DP might be on the outside looking in.

FWIW - I'd rather carry DP then Stewart and have DP available to cover positions 10,12 & 15.. but i'll be interested to see if DP factors into the reds lineup next week because that 2nd half meltdown should have Brad Thorn taking a long hard look at his lineup and figuring out where improvements can be made with the Matchday 23.
Rumour has it that DP was left out for discipline/team resons

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
So with the loss to the Brumbies the Reds slump to 11th raw, 9th (adjusting for number of games played).

Lucas and Higgers likely out for a few weeks, Perese and St George coming back.

What does that mean for the team?

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
So with the loss to the Brumbies the Reds slump to 11th raw, 9th (adjusting for number of games played).

Lucas and Higgers likely out for a few weeks, Perese and St George coming back.

What does that mean for the team?

No Idea.

But will be interesting to see how Brad Thorn handles players returning from significant injury. Makes sense to send them back to clubland & see how they fair with a bit of match fitness. However I don't see that in George Smith case. He probably goes on the bench and works his way back into the starting XV via a reserve jersey.

As for Perese, I could see a 1 week cameo for the Tigers before he returns. There is a bit of a gluttony of outside backs atm down at Ballymore. He is a better prospect then Ebuli. If Perese is fully healthy then you start him.

Status
Not open for further replies.