• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Are we going ti have this exact same conversation every single week or just the weeks we lose? Either way it's fucking boring and nothing new has been said since before Christmas.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Are we going ti have this exact same conversation every single week or just the weeks we lose? Either way it's fucking boring and nothing new has been said since before Christmas.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sully, every single time a Reds fan decides to diss Quade I work through whether or not to speak up. That isn’t changing.

You might consider how QRU have worked this process and think about whether it is the fans who loved Quade who are responsible. Or perhaps QRU could have managed better.

But what the f, blame the Quade fans. Clearly we don’t behave the way QRU think we should.

And no, I’ll not be backing off on watching and commenting on Brad either. Cut me loose bro, if it’s too much. I’ve been through years of shit from QRU, taken for granted constantly. Enough is enough.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I am a massive QC (Quade Cooper) fan and am disappointed he is not playing this season, but the coach has made his decision and at this stage this is enough for me.

When we win I will wonder if we could have won by more with him and when we lose I will wonder if we could have on if he played. This is what having a favorite player is about.

I may even try to get to a club game this season.

BTW, do Souths have a chance to win with him in the team for the season? They are paying $18 win the premiership.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I assume the Reds just needed an experienced 10 as a stop gap until they feel Stewart is ready and Lance was available so he fitted the requirement.

unfortunately I do not have the confidence in the Reds to be smart enough to give Stewart ample time to get experience prior to Lance leaving.

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
I’m a Quade fan always have been as he does things no one else is capable of. He can be frustrating when he’s off but when he’s on song he’s incomparable. I also think his off field behavior has been good this last few years.

If however, he throws the coaches game plan out the window when he runs onto the field then I can understand why a coach might get frustrated. I’ve read lately that’s what he did on Stiles’ watch and he wasn’t pulled up over it. As a new coach Thorne would be looking for players to follow the plan and if one of his leaders is know not to do it then there is little option but to cut him. Perhaps QC (Quade Cooper) did get warmed a few times and didn’t heed those warnings, who really knows.

Time for ‘fans’ to build a bridge and get over it.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I’m a Quade fan always have been as he does things no one else is capable of. He can be frustrating when he’s off but when he’s on song he’s incomparable. I also think his off field behavior has been good this last few years.

If however, he throws the coaches game plan out the window when he runs onto the field then I can understand why a coach might get frustrated. I’ve read lately that’s what he did on Stiles’ watch and he wasn’t pulled up over it. As a new coach Thorne would be looking for players to follow the plan and if one of his leaders is know not to do it then there is little option but to cut him. Perhaps QC (Quade Cooper) did get warmed a few times and didn’t heed those warnings, who really knows.

Time for ‘fans’ to build a bridge and get over it.

so was he not following the coaches plan because he would not box kick the ball all the time? I am surprised that there was actually a plan in place, either the whole team did not follow it or it was a very poor plan.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Only 8 penalties because they had the fear of God put into them by getting Red carded at 9min and yellowed immediately after. ANY team would react strongly to that on the behaviour front for one game. To me, it is no guarantee that their discipline woes will not continue. Very much wait and see.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Two cards is terrible and almost unforgivable. They did only give away 8 penalties all game though.

Agreed.

The thing that bothered me was the apparent nonchanlence over dangerous conduct. I don’t want to be associated with thugby. There is also a leadership piece that doesn’t come from a media black out ala the pre-season.

Happy to see Brad come through very well.

Look forward to seeing it reflected on the field. I’m not concerned about our youngsters, or at least I was but now we hope for a Link-style re/development. Let’s see some positive play and the D/fronting up that has been discussed.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
One of the recent articles on the Roar made a good point regarding the fact that the next-most penalized team after the Drua in the NRC this past year was QLD Country.

Had a chance to watch the match twice over the weekend and we were seriously lucky it wasn't at least 2 reds and a yellow over the course of the match.

Can't really make sense of what the fuck must be going on at Ballymore when our captain is getting red carded <10 minutes into the season for a blatantly deliberate shoulder charge. There was no "slip and fall" element to that tackle until Scott had hit him flush in the face with his shoulder - he definitely fell down after that part. Phillips' body height actually goes up during the course of the tackle, if it hadn't Scott would have completely whiffed his shoulder charge.

Would be great not to start another Super season with a target on our backs for foul play, but it looks like that ship has already sailed.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Would be great not to start another Super season with a target on our backs for foul play, but it looks like that ship has already sailed.

This is it for me. I've always detested thuggish Rugby i.e. cheap shots, no arms tackles etc. It's lazy and I've always viewed it as being something people did when they were lacking in other elements. I've always aspired to play hard but fair. But this USA, is the big problem. This season was an opportunity so shake off our poor discipline of last season (most penalised and carded team in the comp) and start afresh. Ditch the reputation. What we've effectively done though is really cemented us as a team with discipline issues and referees will view us as such. It then becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and we will start getting the rough end of not only the 50/50 calls but also the 40/60 calls etc. The boys need to start playing with halos on from now on. We all know that in Rugby, people will more likely form opinions on reputation rather than form. That's extremely troubling.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
So if Dom Shipperley has been cut loose by the Rebels he might be a good option to boost the outside backs stocks?

I'd be pushing to get Ships and Magnay back. Keep Toua after his Japanese commitment. Ditch Maranta and sign an actual Fullback (Toua can cover wing). Risk of losing Nabuli as well so a Mogg/Tomane duo would be a great pickup. Should be plenty of coin around if we can get out of the Quade/Hunt payments by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.