• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
yeh it'd be if DP suits up at 10 and KH to 12, then Maranta is around. doubtful but have to be prepared for any eventuality

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
McIntyre has been on the bench, obviously as cover for Cooper.

Why would anyone really think he would not now be the starting 10 ?

If so, I can only hope he is a lot better than last year.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Jake will be the replacement 10 but then we need someone to replace Jake on the bench. As our other backup 10's play 12 and 15 currently, Maranta could be a bench option in case one of Jake, Duncan or K go down.

At least I think that's what everyone is talking about Scrubber.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah we're talking about what happens if Jake goes down mid-game. Obviously Jake will start, Stiles has already said that.

I did read one article which said Taefu is with the touring squad though, in which case Maranta may just be cover in case someone goes down in the warmup etc. So the two options would appear to be:

1) 22 Taefu and 23 Kuridrani, with DP covering 10 and Taefu going to 12 if Jake goes down

2) 22 Maranta and 23 Kuridrani, with DP going to 10, Hunt to 12 and Maranta to 15

I guess the third option would be 6/2 split with Taefu or Maranta at 23 and dropping Kuridrani for an extra forward (Houston) but I think vs the Jags with their expansive play they'll want the extra back.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
If Jake does go down early on, it wouldn't surprise me if Frisby moves to 10 and Tuttle to 9. Wouldn't be the first time we've relied on the double halfback pairing when our Flyhalf stocks were busted!

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I'd hope it would be a last resort for Frisby to go to 10... The poor bloke is having a hard enough time in his primary position at the moment.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Quade spins up a 3 on the SANZAAR wheel of misfotune.

Originally 6 then got a 3 week discount, which is very generous from SANZAAR.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
With respect to sanction the Judicial Committee deemed the act of foul play merited a mid range entry point of 6 weeks. However, taking into account mitigating factors including the Player's admission of guilt, his remorse and the fact that the Player had a good disciplinary record having not come under notice since 2012, the Judicial Committee reduced the suspension to 3 weeks.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So he'll miss the Jaguares, Hurricanes & Brumbies. On current form we'd struggle to win any of them even with Quade.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
He has received a few yellow cards before but apparently hasn't been before the judiciary since 2012. That's basically the extent of his 'record' which is 5 years squeaky clean.
He's certainly not the Dylan Hartley a few people are painting him as.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
This is the last opportunity for the Reds to get back into the race. A test of character, at away without their captain and their starting fly-half. Against a Tier 1 national team, a very good side but not at the level of NZ franchises, they have more weak points than all of them.

It's now or the next season!

T

TOCC

What garbage, hoe does TJ Perenara escape with only a Yellow Card and no ban, despite a clear head high tackle which left Fletcher Smith on the ground for a few minutes and was eventually taken from the field, but Quade gets a red and 3 match ban for the exact same thing .. SANZAAR judiciary system is an utter joke

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
He has received a few yellow cards before but apparently hasn't been before the judiciary since 2012. That's basically the extent of his 'record' which is 5 years squeaky clean.
He's certainly not the Dylan Hartley a few people are painting him as.

Don't get me wrong Scoey, I not saying he a dirty player, just vthat he has had a few cards for his tackling technique, both head high and tip tackles, so I thought they may not have been so lenient. I inferring he should of got more, but was surprised they figured after 4-5 years your old acts no longer count. Fair enough if that's the way it works too!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Don't get me wrong Scoey, I not saying he a dirty player, just vthat he has had a few cards for his tackling technique, both head high and tip tackles, so I thought they may not have been so lenient. I inferring he should of got more, but was surprised they figured after 4-5 years your old acts no longer count. Fair enough if that's the way it works too!

Yellow cards don't impact your judiciary record.

The last suspension was in 2012 for a high tackle on Berrick Barnes.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)

No I didn't think that's what you were saying Dan, all good. My Dylan Hartley comment was tongue in cheek.

He definitely has form for some crappy tackles but as far as his record goes, they don't count.

Yellow cards don't impact your judiciary record.

The last suspension was in 2012 for a high tackle on Berrick Barnes.

It shows how far we've come in 5 years. That tackle on Berrick was much worse IMO. The commentators were fairly non-plussed, he received a YC plus a white card (on report) and was suspended for 1 week.

Status
Not open for further replies.