• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Gunn has been called up to join the squad in South Africa and Shatz has been ruled out with a medial strain for up to 6 weeks.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Congrats to Bobby Tuttle on debut. Thought he played well in his short time on the field. More balls hitting the chest than Pickles passing.

Oz talent

Allen Oxlade (6)
2007 is going to look like a bumper year compared to what the Reds are going to serve up this year.
All doom and gloom for mine.
At least Quade crap Cooper and Jimmy Rabbit Oconnor are goneski.
Horwill is no loss either
Geez, hate to pump up my own tyres here, but I copped it from everywhere when I said the Reds were in for a long year in January.
Fingers crossed they aim up and can somehow knock over the Stormers next weekend.
Tahs aren't going much better mind you!

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Wow, you must have an incredible rugby brain to be able to predict that we were gonna struggle this year. You werent copping it for saying we were gonna struggle, you copped it for throwing mud on players who are some of Queenslands greats whilst deliberately stirring up trouble with other users.

T

TOCC

Geez, hate to pump up my own tyres here, but I copped it from everywhere when I said the Reds were in for a long year in January.
Fingers crossed they aim up and can somehow knock over the Stormers next weekend.
Tahs aren't going much better mind you!

Nah you didn't cop it from everywhere, only two people replied to you and no one actually disagreed with the comments of it been a long year.

People disagreed with your comments of it all been doom and gloom, their is cause for optimism in this squad with players putting in good performances and showing signs of improvement.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I am *really* upset that Liam Gill is leaving.

I just can't understand how the QRU could have let it happen.

He is ridiculously talented and clearly captain material (much moreso than Slipper or Simmons).

He will be missed.

We have so far to go before we are competitive again - but I am liking the look of how the attack is going. Our fitness i probably the thing that is letting us down most of all.

I think the dual coaching thing is going well in the short term actually.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I am *really* upset that Liam Gill is leaving.

I just can't understand how the QRU could have let it happen.

He is ridiculously talented and clearly captain material (much moreso than Slipper or Simmons).

He will be missed.

We have so far to go before we are competitive again - but I am liking the look of how the attack is going. Our fitness i probably the thing that is letting us down most of all.

I think the dual coaching thing is going well in the short term actually.

Firstly Gilly does not receive a "top-up" from the ARU. The Reds pay his total contract without assistance. He was obviously deemed not worthy with Hooper (now the 4th or 5th best 7 in Australia, as rated by Big Bob) and Pocock. Now you have McMahon clearly on the radar. To me it is also a shame that a player of Liam's standing is not supported by the ARU - obviously in all comes down to bikkies in the barrel.

Liam is a graet player. Some players prefer to just play and not have the added responsibility of captaincy. I think Slipper is doing a fine job since he returned from injury, and since the big dogs left at the end of 2015.

I don't think it is the fitness letting down the side, more the skills. I get the shits with handing the ball back to the opposition through shitty box kicks . The passing between the backs is just poor (for a Super rugby team) on many occasions. Kerevi has been great in patches using his bulk and speed to gain lots of metres (and score some tries). However his ball skills (IMO) leave something to be improved on.

The dual coaching role was "forced upon the Reds simply because they waited too long to finish up RG. That should have been done when his 3 year contract expired in August 2015. I really think that we will continue to "struggle" (winning some games and losing others) until a new single Head Coach is appointed.

I look forward to 2017 because a new CEO, a new coach, the addition of Brad Thorn, a new start.

The only thing that is disappointing me ATM is that Liam will not be there (at Ballymore) in 2017.

T

TOCC

If it didn't come down to dollars I'm sure it's just a coincidence he ended up at the worlds richest club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
yup, that's what all players say.

It's easy to say 'money isn't a factor' when you're getting half a mill a year.
He was talking to the rebels long before the offer came from Toulon.

He left because Richard Graham was coach.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yes yes all that but as we all know the money, and we are talking a hell of a lot, helps make these decisions pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sword of Justice

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Unless some posters here are consistently in the 23 for the Reds or the coach, surely talk of who should be captain and who is a poor captain is absolute BS on their part.

diomac

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hey does anyone know what hours of operation the Reds shop has at Ballymore, I am driving to CQ tomorrow and a mate has asked if I can swing past and pick him up some supporter stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.