• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We're on a boat
We're on a boat
Everybody look at us cause we're crusin' on a boat
We're on a boat
We're on a boat
Take a good hard look at the motherfuckin boat

City Cat.jpg

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm with you, the Membership is just shy of 24k. How many is he responsible for - no idea. Has us at least talking about something other than the going backwards in attack game plan we have been employing the last couple of years.

What would the target be this season?

I thought we would be wanting at least 40k including non seated members

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Seems the original 4-eva-Reds members are still not happy:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/busin...g/news-story/1bff939076bde29ecd780ed48c07ae39

I'm pasting it as I'm not too sure if people can view it behind the paywall:

Martin Kriewaldt slams the Queensland Reds for having “no moral compass’’ over seating

ANOTHER prominent Brisbane bizoid has joined the chorus of complaints about Queensland Rugby Union’s controversial “reseating’’ program for those with perpetual memberships.
Martin Kriewaldt, who has sat on the boards of some of the state’s biggest companies, slammed QRU this week as “an organisation which shows no moral compass and is failing to honour its commitments’’.
“There has been a very deliberate campaign to oust the perpetual ground members and 30-year members from Suncorp games,’’ he said.
“The seats are not the most favoured, as our original seats at Suncorp were. Now we can have those back but only if we pay a significant fee per game.
“This is justified by classifying the top tier as premium seating, along with the best seats lower down, and sending those who will not pay to the top tier.

If the seats really were as good as each other, they would just give us a choice of which tier to sit in.’’
In addition, tickets for Reds games must be picked up at Ballymore or posted out at an “outrageous gouging fee’’ of $25 and, even then, don’t arrive for weeks, he said.
Kriewaldt, who chairs XLam New Zealand and Hyne Timber, has previously helped run Suncorp, GWA, Campbell Brothers, Macarthur Coal, Oil Search and the failed Brisconnections, which built the Airport Link toll road.
A QRU spokesman yesterday defended the seating policy and blamed the fuss on a few malcontent members.

He said “ambiguity’’ surrounded some of the membership plans drafted more than 40 years ago.
“We have been in dispute for five years with a very small group of perpetual ground members and welcome the opportunity to determine our obligations and rights and the rights of the PGMs in court,’’ he said.
Lawyer Lyn Crowley, a former QRU official who paid $300 to become a life member in 1967, sued the organisation in the Supreme Court late last year alleging breach of contract and unconscionable conduct. QRU is defending the case.

Barrister Robert Ingham-Myer also filed a lawsuit against the QRU in early 2014 and that matter is still before the court. QRU is fighting this action too.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The Reds have advised long term on field nurse Heather Arthy that her services won't be required this year.

Does that complete the clean out of the 2011 staff? Thank good that era is over, what good ever came of all that winning and trophies and stuff. But seriously what could she have done wrong?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Seems the original 4-eva-Reds members are still not happy:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/busin...g/news-story/1bff939076bde29ecd780ed48c07ae39

I'm pasting it as I'm not too sure if people can view it behind the paywall:

An organization such as The Reds, representing the face of Queensland Rugby in the professional era, needs to be transparent in all its dealings, to maintain the support of its players, staff, the fans, and the public in general.
To walk away from a perpetual commitment made by Queensland Rugby when the body desperately needed funds at the commencement of Ballymore is in itself deplorable.
That legal beagles are individually suing the QRU is in itself a manifestation of poor governance of that organisation.
I was a perpetual member at one stage but sold the membership in happier times. Other perpetual members told me they were sold down the river regarding the location of their seats, when Suncorp became the Reds home ground.
Lyn Crowley is one of the most respected people behind Queensland rugby, and the fact that he has been forced to take this action is unconscionable from the Reds .

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Rd #1 against the Tah's my guess is:
1. Faagase 2. Ready 3. Holmes
4. Neville 5. Simmons
6. H Tui 8. Schatz 7. Gill
9. Frisby 10. Mcintyre 12. Hunt 13. Kerevi
11. Sautia/Kuridrani 15. Goromaru 14. Nabuli
16. Fainga'a 17. Daley 18. Talakai 19.Matwijo 20. Fakosolia 21. Gale 22. Greene 23. Magnay/Taefu
2 uncertainties are at Wing and Utility Back. I think Tuttle may drop down to u20 and there may be a chance Magnay will too.
When do they anounce the teams?

T

TOCC

I agree with most of those but I think Daley will start ahead of Fa'agase, Hunt at fullback ahead of Goromaru, and Kuridrani to start ahead of Nabuli.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think Ready is a better player at this point in time. I watched the trial game against the Crusaders and we lost 2-3 lineouts on the throw when Saia came on. IMO Ready is more visible around the park too.

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
RG was interviewed on ABC Grandstand this arvo and he mentioned that Hunt would most likely be wearing 15.

Did anyone else heard that interview? RG came off as absolutely delusional, making comments like how our young and inexperienced halves and backline is actually an advantage because they "aren't burdened by the weight of past successes". In other words, getting rid of anyone who played when we were regularly winning was necessary in order for him to create a team that can start regularly winning again!?!?

Someone better call the All Blacks and tell them they're doing it wrong!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
An organization such as The Reds, representing the face of Queensland Rugby in the professional era, needs to be transparent in all its dealings, to maintain the support of its players, staff, the fans, and the public in general.
To walk away from a perpetual commitment made by Queensland Rugby when the body desperately needed funds at the commencement of Ballymore is in itself deplorable.
That legal beagles are individually suing the QRU is in itself a manifestation of poor governance of that organisation.
I was a perpetual member at one stage but sold the membership in happier times. Other perpetual members told me they were sold down the river regarding the location of their seats, when Suncorp became the Reds home ground.
Lyn Crowley is one of the most respected people behind Queensland rugby, and the fact that he has been forced to take this action is unconscionable from the Reds .

Emuarse, you've nailed it in one!

In my four decades in business, I learnt that businesses , or organisations which "can't get the little things right, with struggle to get the big things right"!
The Reds fucked up the jerseys last week, it appears that they they fucked up the long-term membership seat allocations, and they fucked up Quade Cooper's citizenship status!
I'm sick of hearing their pathetic, incompetent excuses over and over again!
They don't deserve my support in 2016, and they aren't going to get it!

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I think I'm correct in saying that Mr Doug's nephew plays for the Brumbies. Think it is an obvious choice which well-coached, well-managed side he will be following.

Status
Not open for further replies.