• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
An ARU top up will rarely match an overseas offer, it will just make it less painful to stay.

I reckon he needs something other than RG to be looking forward to next year and a girlfriend who doesn't want to live in the south of France

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Not exactly limited but for players like Quade to remain in Australia they need sizeable ARU top-ups to compete with international offers.

Right now blokes like Foley and Beale who are playing in a form team and working with the Wallaby coach will be higher priorities for re-signing.

Don't forget that B Pulver has been crowing externally re the big, life-saving boost the ARU will get 2016-18 from the new S18 SANZAR media deals whereby a combination of a weaker AUD and a huge uplift in the bids received from the UK to broadcast S18 there have together yielded a major annual 8-figure $ increase in ARU income from 2016.

Should not at least a part of this be used to aid the cause of keeping our best players in Australia? Especially at a time when the code has never been weaker and every commercial KPI indicates a viability precipice awaits the code within 3-5 years?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I'd almost be happy to see a repeat of the 'toxic culture' episode.

Yeah, and future events after that episode confirmed QC (Quade Cooper) was 'right all along'.

For his 'horrendous' indiscretion back then it's notable that he copped fines and suspensions etc in total greater than those individually handed out to KB (Kurtley Beale) for his far worse behaviour and equally KH for his.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Quade's leaving?

Oh ok bye then.

quade-cooper-007.jpg

353760-8efc8a34-e34b-11e4-b60a-424ceb2f883c.jpg

ps that house is only 1.3 million?

1.3 million wouldnt buy you a prefab fuckin lean-to in Onehunga!

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
1.55 when he bought it, market has improved and he's improved the house, so maybe over 2 million now.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Does it matter how much the reds want cooper to stay?

If the ARU top up isn't enough this time, the reds can't actually pay him more than the super max contract can they?

No it doesn't. It matters how much Cooper wants to stay. But that's obviously irrelvant to the Reds fans here, when he goes I fully expect everyone to blame the ARU saying if he was a Tah he'd re-sign.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
No it doesn't. It matters how much Cooper wants to stay. But that's obviously irrelvant to the Reds fans here, when he goes I fully expect everyone to blame the ARU saying if he was a Tah he'd re-sign.

Nah, I'll be gutted but accept his decision. I'll be fantasizing about what might have been if we weren't such a poorly performing team and if he'd still leave if 2016 was looking awesome for the Reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.