• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I like the look of Browning but I like the thought of Shatz starting at eight, with Thompson at blindside and Beau/Gill at openside. I say this because we have that big dynamic runner in Thompson that we missed since Samo/Higgers and Shatz through sheer work rate alone balances out the back row and allows Thompson a bit more roaming commission in the loose.

With the attributes of the players on our roster, if we get the fitness levels up, we should be able to bury a lot of sides in the last quarter of the game.
You have a wealth in backrow talent, I reckon you might lose a few of the young guys if your not careful, Browning would look good as a Brumby ;)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
You have a wealth in backrow talent, I reckon you might lose a few of the young guys if your not careful, Browning would look good as a Brumby ;)

Queensland produce a lot of players and cannot retain them all. Most recent case was Jared Butler. It is only fair for Jared to head to greener pastures for the opportunity of playing consistent Super rugby - he did that and wow, what a season.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Queensland produce a lot of players and cannot retain them all. Most recent case was Jared Butler. It is only fair for Jared to head to greener pastures for the opportunity of playing consistent Super rugby - he did that and wow, what a season.
Its true bet some Queenslanders were kicking them self he left. What a player

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
It was an inevitable move considering Qld Rugby produced half a dozen quality backrowers who essentially all play a similar style

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I love the start of Super rugby. All teams supporters are positive and looking forward to a good start.

Reds Brums and Tahs certainly have the cattle to make for an interesting Aussie Conference.

Reds to win, Brums come second and the Tahs lose their mojo and come third.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Looks like QC (Quade Cooper) is playing 15
reads10.jpg

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
I haven't followed the squad closely since the announcements of JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt. Really exciting looking group - tend to think the mid field will be the making or breaking of the team, as well as the performance of the reserve props. Other than that, really good options across the paddock. Thompson may also be a good option at 8 with Ed Quirk at 6. Big hopes for this group in 2015 - if they play shithouse Richard Graham will look pretty silly. The key will be the right combinations in the centres and consistency with the young options there and on the wings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
So who are the Reds match winners for 2015 if playing to their true potential?:
Slipper
Horwell
Simmons
Thomson
Gill
Genea
Copper
Kerevi (prediction-this bloke is going to have a break-out year)
O'Connor
Hunt
Ten players out of fifteen who offer massive fire power to the Reds.
Bring it on!

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
I think if Fainga'a keeps his standard of play from the spring tour, then he could be added to that list, so make it 11 i think.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
So who are the Reds match winners for 2015 if playing to their true potential?:
Slipper
Horwell
Simmons
Thomson
Gill
Genea
Copper
Kerevi (prediction-this bloke is going to have a break-out year)
O'Connor
Hunt
Ten players out of fifteen who offer massive fire power to the Reds.
Bring it on!

HAHA mate must say - I love all the different variations of the same name you come up with. Bravo sir.

Just for the record it's Genia and while we're at it - Horwill & Cooper

Keep up the good work

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
None of this recruitment will make a lick of difference if we have not learned something from this season.

I'm sure the boys learnt a valuable lesson this year:

If you don't win the vast majority of games, THEN you don't make the finals.

Bloody simple really :)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
If Locky can stay injury free for most of the season we might see him replicate some of the form he showed for the Boncos!

Status
Not open for further replies.