• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Fingers crossed, but in the circumstance he remains healthy the extra game time is probably a good thing. His form has definitely been on an upward trend since he first got shipped off to Europe - the extra game time would hopefully sharpen him up that much more.

He hasn't had the strain of a full test season on his body, so it's really unlikely anything will happen to him related to work load.

Toes crossed too. Fuck.

The old drink a couple of waterbottles and don't piss before the weigh in trick.

I'm more wondering what kind of sorcery was used to get CFS to 92kg. I'm pretty sure his legs weigh 70kgs on their own now.

I know pretty much every secret there is about "losing"/"gaining" weight rapidly thanks to over a decade of competitive wrestling, but there's no need for that kind of stuff at a rugby weigh-in!

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I know pretty much every secret there is about "losing"/"gaining" weight rapidly thanks to over a decade of competitive wrestling, but there's no need for that kind of stuff at a rugby weigh-in!

I wonder whether the front rowers spend their time cutting or bulking pre weigh in?? Being nice and heavy is always intimidating but no one likes to be the fattest man on a team!

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)

Shit's n Giggles? The rowers in "The Boat race" (Oxford vs Cambridge) do it all the time to be the "heaviest" boat in the race. You could say the rugby guys do it for the kicks of being the "heaviest" pack in the game. Foxsports always love to throw up the weights of each pack around the first scrum mark.e

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Shit's n Giggles? The rowers in "The Boat race" (Oxford vs Cambridge) do it all the time to be the "heaviest" boat in the race. You could say the rugby guys do it for the kicks of being the "heaviest" pack in the game. Foxsports always love to throw up the weights of each pack around the first scrum mark.e

Lots of monitoring/manipulating sodium intake and manipulating hydration levels. Lots. Diuretics, saunas, sweat suits, doing burpees in the bathroom with the shower running and the door sealed with a towel under it while wearing a full track suit.

The biggest "trick" is just dealing with it and also not accidentally sending yourself to the hospital with renal failure.

All followed by lots of simple carbohydrates and Pedialyte before the second foot is even off of the scale.

You know, normal kid stuff.

(Holy shit, I've made 2,250 posts on this website - wow)

Reactions: Tip
T

TOCC

historically the stats are provided by the team and its not uncommon for the club/player to bump those stats up a little, same said for overweight players, players have been known to shed a few kg's from their recorded weight to not make it so obvious.

not that it counts towards much these days, teams conduct enough analysis of the opposition that they are able to identify players strengths and weaknesses well before they run onto the pitch.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Sorry to sound anal guys but if you're replying to someone whos written a long block of text, can you please try to include only the parts you deem relevant? A bit annoying scrolling through half a page of repeated text from replies. My time is precious!!

Have to disagree mate. I can see it as annoying but the full post gives the context and what pisses me off is when somebody selectively quotes your content and spins it away from how it was meant.

My I suggest that when we quote somebody and only want to address a selective part of the post, that we bold that part so the previous poster still has context and the poster quoting provides obvious access the the part of the post he wishes to address. Everybody kicks a goal and the discussion will flow better through the thread.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Have to disagree mate. I can see it as annoying but the full post gives the context and what pisses me off is when somebody selectively quotes your content and spins it away from how it was meant.

My I suggest that when we quote somebody and only want to address a selective part of the post, that we bold that part so the previous poster still has context and the poster quoting provides obvious access the the part of the post he wishes to address. Everybody kicks a goal and the discussion will flow better through the thread.

My modus operandi exactly but not to the liking of some apparently.

T

TOCC

BrumbyRunner,

I just think it's unnecessary to quote a post which directly precedes the one you are making, especially when it's a really long post.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

It's actually in the forum rules that you don't include the whole message.:)

5. Don't overuse the quote function. Usually it is quite clear what you are responding to. If you do use the quote function, edit out irrelevant text, leaving just the bit you are responding to. This helps make the forum tidier and the pages load more quickly.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/welcome-to-g-gr-history-and-rules.7341/

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
The little arrow at the top right of each quote box will take you to the original post if the user just cuts the text from the quote block. You'll get taken right to where you need to be for context in regards to the response and you aren't making browsing a nightmare for mobile or tablet users!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Much better than Izzy. His kicking at Biarritz is what really matters anyway and it was very good, they used him for territorial stuff pretty regularly based on the film I've watched.

Hunt is pretty much the complete package as a footballer. He adapted really well during his time in France. I don't have any doubt that he'll be a top flight rugby player. Great for the Reds and the Wallabies that he is in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.