• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Kerevi been playing most of the NRC at 12?

The big question then is that out of necessity (ie cattle) or design (ie RG wants him to get more time there)?

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I've heard from Kerevi's old high school teacher he trained with the Wallabies on the GC a few weeks back. Does that mean Link sees something there as well?

T

Train Without a Station

Been discussed previously they often invite promising players to join from local franchises when on the road.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Kerevi is at 12 as I think that City have better backup 13s (White, Rex Tapuai) than 12s with Taps out. Or maybe it's for experience. Anyway, Kerevi hasn't been too bad at 12 at all, not the best distribution but he gets by.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
He's a better 13 than he is a 12 at this stage, but it's good he's taking more responsibility and taking a central role in the NRC. His running lines, defense and off loading have been pretty good. He also is capable of taking static ball and breaking the gain line. Could be a very useful weapon for us if used correctly

T

TOCC

Quade played so well at test level last year because he had Kuridrani running nice lines and angles giving Quade some good targets, Quade hasn't had that at the Reds since Digby left so I think Kerevi will fill that role nicely next year.. Samu doesn't have to be a great ball player at this stage, he just needs to be able to run hard and be good in contact, that's what the Reds need in their back line.

B

Bobby Sands

Handy too, if he has options on both shoulders, even better with an option deep. With a fully fit backline, he would have never been more spoilt for options. I guess we will get a good idea of how good his option taking is.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Didn't catch it live but just watching the Vikings v Rays game at the moment. Man, Nigel Ah Wong is going bloody well at outside.
From the couple of cameos I saw of his, I always thought he looked better than what his limited chances would indicate.

I know you can't keep them all but he looks an exciting prospect to me and now he's in Canberra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Bobby Sands

Is WTS member Sam Johnson, the same person who played QLD 1 schoolboys in 2011? If so, he got the starting 12 spot ahead of Greene, and Kerevi and from a non-GPS school. Pretty bloody impressive!

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Greene is definitely a 10. Played at 15 in 2011 but switched in his second senior year after Grant Davies left BGS and I haven't seen much of him at 15 since. Also won the title at 10.

From memory, Greene made Aus schoolboys from the QLD 1 bench after riding the pine for GPS 1. He was behind Jonah Placid at all three rep levels in 2012.

IMO letting go of Jonah will be a decision Queensland rugby will regret in the near future.

T

Tip

Tbh Placid is placed in the surplus to requirements category. With JOC (James O'Connor), cfs and turner I'd think the Reds are right on the money letting him go.
The Reds are doing him a favour, he was never going to get much game time and from his limited performances for the Reds this year he doesn't deserve much either. Now he's off to greener pastures to develop his game further. Maybe he'll make the QRU look like shit talent scouts but its pretty hard to keep young talent when you have 3 wallaby wingers on your roster plus khunt

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yet not one of those players you mentioned would consider 15 their primary position.

As for long term, alot hinges on CFS' hamstrings but I doubt we'll have more than two of those names on the roster post-RWC.

That said, a big year from JJ, CFS, or Hunt at 15 and we've got something to work with.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So apparently there will finally be the backrower announcement this week. An ex All Black playing in Japan. Good signing if my mail is correct. I won't name him, should be somewhat easy enough to work out.

T

TOCC

Can Thomson play lock as well? If so thats a good signing, he might have another good Super Rugby season or two in him, Reds need an experienced but capable player like him in the back-row..

Rodney So'oialo has retired to coaching in New Zealand last i heard, he is in his twilight years so I'm not sure he would make a good signing.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Former NZ Rugby International. Currently Playing in Japan. Loose Forward.

Jerry Collins?

hqdefault.jpg

He would be a popular signing with some female supporters.
43f99c0ad9b7_sf_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.