• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
“The players recognise the situation they have got themselves in (with three straight losses) and the turning point comes through what we deliver,” Graham said.

GAGR front page - thursdays rugby news. Do you need a link to the site? ;)

Btw, what happened to the podcasts?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
“The players recognise the situation they have got themselves in (with three straight losses) and the turning point comes through what we deliver,” Graham said.

GAGR front page - thursdays rugby news. Do you need a link to the site? ;)

Btw, what happened to the podcasts?

cheers, yep that one is pretty clear. Hadn't noticed it often though.

Podcast is done. Is on soundcloud. Will be on the blog later today.

Otherwise go through itunes.

Reactions: Ash

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
^^ Side note: I thought one of the most admirable and encouraging (as to his honesty and team leadership) public statements Cheika made was when he himself took responsibility for not focussing enough as HC on coaching the Tahs' set pieces in relation to recent important Tahs games. Took a good part of the blame for a loss performance on his own shoulders.

T

tranquility

Never thought I'd ever say this, but very well said tranquility. Mooney did good things but to give him credit really ignores him taking to 13th basically the same group link took to 5th

Yeah that was probably me at my most cynical, which is why we might have had some overlap. Trust me, it's irks me as much as you. I trust it won't happen again.

T

tranquility

I thought he was a horrible appointment, he had been sacked at his last 2 appointments. Turns out that had taught him a lot and he had developed from his time at the Waratahs.

Most importantlyhe came in and was pretty quickly able to coach to the strengths of his squad and what best suited the current rules/interpretations. Not his strengths and what best suited him.

Mate he got fired from the Tahs after leading them to the final, and fried from Stade, which I assume is because his rig wouldn't have sold too many calendars. Although I hear he pulls a pink scarf off quite well.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I thought he was a horrible appointment, he had been sacked at his last 2 appointments. Turns out that had taught him a lot and he had developed from his time at the Waratahs.

Most importantlyhe came in and was pretty quickly able to coach to the strengths of his squad and what best suited the current rules/interpretations. Not his strengths and what best suited him.

I thought Rod McCall had just slotted a mate into the job.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Gel I was going to post a one liner saying...from a very low base....
But that does not give him credit.
I was a very vocal critic of him both on and off the field,and for a time vehemently believed I would never support him at any level in our game.
I really believe that when he was shut out of the wobbly set up,he grew up.
Kudos to him.
I just hope he does nit allow Nasser to turn the next negotiations into a circus.
He is better than that(now!)

T

tranquility

Gel I was going to post a one liner saying.from a very low base..
But that does not give him credit.
I was a very vocal critic of him both on and off the field,and for a time vehemently believed I would never support him at any level in our game.
I really believe that when he was shut out of the wobbly set up,he grew up.
Kudos to him.
I just hope he does nit allow Nasser to turn the next negotiations into a circus.
He is better than that(now!)

Yeah, but I also think that such an aggressive or firm standpoint makes it very difficult for young men to learn and grow. Credit to him, that he copped it on the chin and became a better bloke from it. But such passionate dislike of the bloke, especially from across the ditch, is more of an indictment on the person rather than Quade if I were to opine.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah, but I also think that such an aggressive or firm standpoint makes it very difficult for young men to learn and grow. Credit to him, that he copped it on the chin and became a better bloke from it. But such passionate dislike of the bloke, especially from across the ditch, is more of an indictment on the person rather than Quade if I were to opine.

The relentless over-promotion, over-use and over-indulgence of the so-called 'brilliant young X-factor Wallabies' of JO'C, KB (Kurtley Beale) and QC (Quade Cooper) by the ARU in the Deans period should not be overlooked in the various forms of opprobrium that's been heaped upon these three players at different times for different reasons.

They were often blamed personally, but their national employer played some part in elevating them into the media for its own purposes as it was succeeding in so little else at the time when these blokes were demonstrably unable to handle the attention and flattery and money.

It's a truth, sad to some, that it's only QC (Quade Cooper) who's clearly emerged from that troubled stage and period as both an enhanced player and person. JO'C was effectively forced to leave the country, KB (Kurtley Beale) has remained in strife until very recently, and his playing quality has at best gone sideways not upwards.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The relentless over-promotion. over-use and over-indulgence of the so-called 'brilliant young X-factor Wallabies' of JO'C, KB (Kurtley Beale) and QC (Quade Cooper) by the ARU in the Deans period should not be overlooked in the various forms of opprobrium that's been heaped upon these three players at different times for different reasons.

They were often blamed personally, but their national employer played some part in elevating them into the media for its own purposes as it was succeeding in so little else at the time when these blokes were demonstrably unable to handle the attention and flattery and money.

It's a truth, sad to some, that it's only QC (Quade Cooper) who's clearly emerged from that troubled stage and period as both an enhanced player and person. JO'C was effectively forced to leave the country, KB (Kurtley Beale) has remained in strife until very recently, and his playing quality has at best gone sideways not upwards.

I think the bloke must have a huge burden on his shoulders RH. His footy is a bit off but I think both he and Quade have had the difficult task of integrating unbelievable natural ability with heightened maturity in high profile positions. I think the way Beale has been often stepping into first receiver is a big sign in him wanting to put in and take the initiative. Beale looks to be making the fright moves.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
IMO, KB (Kurtley Beale) stepping in to 1st receiver is all about doing what he knows best.
It's his reflex.
I think he would be more dangerous doing what he does in the 2nd five position,rather than slipping into 1st five,as he has been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.