• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
They are trying to leverage off the lions tour in their marketing for memberships.
not a bad idea, they should consider a cheap membership for $25 which just gets you to close to the fornt of the queue for tickets for the Lions tour, this could take their membership number very high and would be an easy source of income, think of it as a tax/levy on the actual Lions tickets but the money goes to the Reds. It would be great to have all 55000 people at Lang Park having paid a small amount to the Reds for their tickets

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
WWOS have announced Quade Cooper quitting Rugby.
Quade Cooper quits Australian rugby
18:00 AEST Mon Nov 19 2012

Outspoken Wallabies flyhalf Quade Cooper has dropped a bombshell by turning his back on Australian rugby.
Nine News reports that Cooper has quit the Australian Rugby Union and the Wallabies and may now pursue a rugby career overseas or make a move to rugby league.
Cooper, one of Australia's highest-profile players, was offered an incentive-only based contract by the ARU.
Following his comments on Twitter describing the current Wallabies set-up as "a toxic environment", Cooper was fined $40,000 with a further $20,000 suspended for two years. He was also suspended for three matches.
The 24-year-old may even turn to boxing after using training in that sport while recuperating from injuries.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
I have a different scenario but not sure if allowed. 'The Australian' newspaper reported the measly offer. Cooper remains in 2013 unsigned to Australia but available to play for the Wallabies. Depends on being chosen, he then can chose to leave at his leisure and get contracts when it suits. Either short term Japanese or French.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Heard a report that he could still play for the Reds in 2013, then go off to Japanese rugby or Eu rugby or otherwise right afterwards. If the ARU approve the Reds contract, if they don't it would be an interesting meeting between the Reds and ARU.

I suspect some Japanese clubs would pay through the roof for Cooper still, judging by what was offered for Marshall. If Quade wants a buck, it's Reds then Japan for at least one season. I'd almost bet on Reds -> Japan -> NRL.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
So, I'm guessing Sam Lane will quit the Tah's EPS to go back to Qld?
Why would the tahs let him do that?

How on earth will that benefit australian rugby in any way, shape or form?

Keep the players in the tahs fold for god's sake to ensure that they are the only successful team out of australia - it's a three year plan.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Heard a report that he could still play for the Reds in 2013, then go off to Japanese rugby or Eu rugby or otherwise right afterwards. If the ARU approve the Reds contract, if they don't it would be an interesting meeting between the Reds and ARU.

I suspect some Japanese clubs would pay through the roof for Cooper still, judging by what was offered for Marshall. If Quade wants a buck, it's Reds then Japan for at least one season. I'd almost bet on Reds -> Japan -> NRL.

I'm pretty sure if Quade turns his back on the ARU he won't be pulling on a Reds' jersey next year.........

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
It sounds like he got an insulting rookie offer from news reports. It would appear if this was true then it was done so he would quit.

Does the ARU actually care about Super Rugby? Does the ARU have any concept for how important QC (Quade Cooper) is for the Reds just from a ticket selling point of view? When at his best he actually does put bums on seats, and now the ARU is too petty to pay him a wage closer to his ability.

I wonder if the Reds should have been able to put in extra money to make his overall package big enough to keep him here for Super Rugby and then let him go overseas in the off season. Why not let him just play Super Rugby and nothing else for Australia?

I am really dissapointed that this has happened, he was one of my favourite players and I wish he could stay.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Will Copper be replaced with an Aussie? If the Reds were paying him a large sum of money, I wonder if we could afford an international player? Maybe this could be the start of a Puma's invasion

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I wonder who at ARU thought up this insult of an offer - it is definitely below what he should be offered.
And should the Rugby Players Association buy into this. After all, their main priority is the welfare of their players.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
In terms of the Membership thing, I have been waiting to see what Quade does before buying my membership for next year. To get to the game it's close to 2hrs each way for me so if I buy a season ticket I want good value/entertainment. With Sanchez out for prob half the season, what happened with QC (Quade Cooper) is a big impact on my decision to buy or not. I know that makes me sound like a fair weather fan but it's reality. I may still buy a non-ticketed membership but maybe not.

Gotta say, I'm really disillusioned with the ARU right now.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Genia has come out in support of whatever Quade decides to do as a friend, but has diplomatically refused to comment on if he thinks the ARU treatment has been "fair" or not.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Genia has come out in support of whatever Quade decides to do as a friend, but has diplomatically refused to comment on if he thinks the ARU treatment has been "fair" or not.

I think that is fair. Whatever Genia thinks of this whole debacle, he has the smarts to support Quade as a friend, while distancing himself from the whole contract beat up. Pretty clever actually.

Reactions: Ash

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
In terms of the Membership thing, I have been waiting to see what Quade does before buying my membership for next year. To get to the game it's close to 2hrs each way for me so if I buy a season ticket I want good value/entertainment. With Sanchez out for prob half the season, what happened with QC (Quade Cooper) is a big impact on my decision to buy or not. I know that makes me sound like a fair weather fan but it's reality. I may still buy a non-ticketed membership but maybe not.

Gotta say, I'm really disillusioned with the ARU right now.

So you only support your team when you know they are going to be good?

Status
Not open for further replies.