• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels Vs Stormers, Saturday July 2nd @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
For those who may be interested in which Forwards did the work at the breakdown in this match.

Remember:
1. Early means 1st or 2nd of player’s team AFTER the ball carrier has been tackled and brought to ground.
2. Impact means active engagement: strong physical contact, changed shape of ruck, clean-out, protecting ball etc. (more than hand on someone’s bum or arriving after the hard work has been done). Yes it’s subjective - but as I collect all data at least it’s consistent.
3. Impact DOES NOT equate to Effectiveness. I’ve concluded that coming up with an effectiveness measure is just too hard in the time that I have available – but open to suggestions.

2016-07-04_16-47-46.jpg

Ruck Involvements over time

2016-07-04_16-45-03.jpg

Comments:
  1. Gallant effort for the Rebels Back Row who soldiered on against a Stormers outfit which was ready to rumble.
  2. Uplift in Total Ruck Involvements essentially driven by Possession - 43% 1st half; 66% 2nd half.
  3. Back very active in putting pressure on the Stormers ball carriers.
  4. Back Row made 50% of team's Defence Ruck Involvements - putting constant pressure on Stormers ball carriers.
  5. Rebels won 98% of their own rucks - 90 of 92.
  6. Stormers won 94% of their own rucks - 64 of 68.
  7. Best rucking efforts by Backs: Inman - 20 Total (17 Attack/3 Defence); Naivalu - 11T (11A/0D).

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Still surprise the Stormers won this one. When will the Stormers du Plessis nephews play against their Aussie nephew?

Status
Not open for further replies.