• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels vs Cantabs. Sun, Apr 24 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Fair bit of carry on, “Crusaders could have won by plenty if they didn’t make errors” why did they because the defence forced them into it. The Rebels defended well for the first 60 minutes. After that they were gassed.

Our problem was we could never do anything with the ball or maintain possession so we were always going to fade defensively

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Funny you mention Gordon, just after he came on son who is here said to me bugger me watch that fella, he looks from a distance like David Knox, and when you saw him run , he even seemed to run like him. Starting playing with my mind after that!!
Tackles a lot better though (and not quite as entertaining to watch in attack to be fair to Knox)

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Rebels have zero attacking flair without Koroibete. Philip, Leota and Ioane can take it forward just fine but they don’t have anyone that you’d really back in a one on one.

The scramble defence was quite good but that only wins games if you can put on points at the other end.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Rebels have zero attacking flair without Koroibete. Philip, Leota and Ioane can take it forward just fine but they don’t have anyone that you’d really back in a one on one.

The scramble defence was quite good but that only wins games if you can put on points at the other end.
How was Leota?

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wow. How embarressing for the rebels. Rebels very lucky the score line wasn't much worse. Crusaders should have won by 60 plus.
Can't think of any positives for the rebels. Hodge was good and bad.
Gordan wasn't too bad and made a good tackle.
Phillip was as usual the best rebels player. Ex force player

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fair bit of carry on, “Crusaders could have won by plenty if they didn’t make errors” why did they because the defence forced them into it. The Rebels defended well for the first 60 minutes. After that they were gassed.

Our problem was we could never do anything with the ball or maintain possession so we were always going to fade defensively
Crusaders made so many unforced errors. They should have won by a lot more

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
This was the worst Crusaders performance during 40 minutes that I can remember. Playing at this level, I think Brumbies has a chance against them

Rebels hold on them for so many time, then when they broke their defense, tries appeared as usual

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Rebels I thought defended better than they had in earlier season games. I not sure if their attack is up to a lot, and hasn't looked much all year, I guess Rebels'supporters who have watched all their games will have more of an idea what problems are.

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
Rebels I thought defended better than they had in earlier season games. I not sure if their attack is up to a lot, and hasn't looked much all year, I guess Rebels'supporters who have watched all their games will have more of an idea what problems are.
The biggest problem for me is that breaks of the line are rarely recognised as a possibility and when they do happen it's one of two possibilities
1. The line breaker has no support (eg Gordan's break tonight) and while we make ground we can rarely take proper advantage of the next breakdown.
2 it's so obvious that there will be a line break that several defenders are running back with us blocking off most of the passing options. In this case we often turn it over and the counter break gives up a try. (Eg last week when we broke wide and ran the ball 70 through several passes before a breakdown turnover resulted in a Qld try

It's more than that of course but the lack of ability to capitalise on any break really frustrates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.