• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels vs Cantabs. Sun, Apr 24 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Ennor is an utter, utter joke. His confidence is shattered. He's got the keys to the Rolls Royce midfield but keeps pissing down his trouser leg all over the Rollers custom-appointed floormats.

Is Australia a continent?

I think it is you know.

Ennor = dribbling in continents.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
How does Mo’unga get away with diving over the ball there while Hodge is trying to pilfer it?? Blatant professional foul.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The flood gates have well and truly opened. No urgency shown by Rebels when that kick was put through.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Didn’t watch the game, don’t think I can drag myself to. But for the Rebels contingent, who performed well??
How did Gordon go with the game time?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Didn’t watch the game, don’t think I can drag myself to. But for the Rebels contingent, who performed well??
Hodge was pretty good. Gordon went well early but then came back to earth a bit. Orr and Wells probably the pick of the pigs.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Funny you mention Gordon, just after he came on son who is here said to me bugger me watch that fella, he looks from a distance like David Knox, and when you saw him run , he even seemed to run like him. Starting playing with my mind after that!!

Jeffrey

Chris McKivat (8)
I am a Crusaders man so this is an unpopular opinion.

This wasn't really a contest. Crusaders put 40 on, they looked at least 50-60 points superior today, and they didn't even play that well.
Not really sure what to make of it, but Codie Taylor continues to be the antithesis of confidence-inspiring.
The ball dies too often with Geroge Bridge, which is reflective of his AB career.
A few blokes - Leicester, Ethan, Pablo, Zach were pretty good.

A little tickled by Dom Gardner taking photos with the kids at the end, and then waiting around to see if it met the kids' approval before moving along.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
So, having seen all of the games this weekend I have some observations. First, there is far too much respect for NZ Rugby in the Australian game. Respect is important but not to the point where it shades your attitudes on the pitch. We have NZ teams far too much time, space and ball. Take the game just finished. The Rebels barely competed at the ricks providing the Crusaders with all the ball speed they wanted. And the results came.

Second, we have serious issues around staying focused in games with large periods when our intensity falls off a cliff. And that's all of the Australian teams.

Third, and I'm sorry for the language but fucking skills and execution. We're sloppy on both. Which is baffling as these blokes are professional athletes but cannot execute basics at times. There has been progress. As a Tahs fan I'm very critical of their performances but they were not half as good as the Chiefs. The Refs lack composure still. The Brumbies eased off too soon. And the Rebels are in serious trouble.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I am a Crusaders man so this is an unpopular opinion.

This wasn't really a contest. Crusaders put 40 on, they looked at least 50-60 points superior today, and they didn't even play that well.
Not really sure what to make of it, but Codie Taylor continues to be the antithesis of confidence-inspiring.
The ball dies too often with Geroge Bridge, which is reflective of his AB career.
A few blokes - Leicester, Ethan, Pablo, Zach were pretty good.

A little tickled by Dom Gardner taking photos with the kids at the end, and then waiting around to see if it met the kids' approval before moving along.
Jeffrey I said to my friend I was at the game with that the Rebels were lucky that Crusaders made "20" handling errors because otherwise they would have scored 80 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.