• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Reds Friday 15 April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Rebels own worse enemy - Powell asleep and did not control possession at the base - gees compare to Tuttle he is shit. And then Wallis makes the break and should have gone to ground and recycled possession

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Look I don't agree with them bringing a old bull out of retirement for a game but I do understand if they don't think the next cab off the rank is ready. This reply on Facebook tells me that they are concerned about the 5th(?) in line being ready for super rugby scrums. In the unlikely event that one hooker goes down he benches and likely gets no mins or a small number of mins. I think they see it as a duty of care.

If we were talking about a winger or flanker then he wouldn't be needed.

View attachment 13300
I’m a bit late to the party on this one but kudos to QRU for a) replying to this bloke in the first instance and, b) a really well articulated reply that makes a lot of sense

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Aaaaand all of a sudden, the Rebels are 2 scores behind. Not great general play kicking really.
looks like theyve been sucked into the reds game plan. reds have not tried kicking for touch most of the game and invited rebs to do the same.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
This is the game the rebels let slip away but they certainly look a quality side cf to start of the season. Mcreight and tupou been the difference for me for the reds

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
To me two key player changes made a difference - Powell and tupou and for different reasons but both favouring the reds

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How did the Rebels just take Hardwick off for the #5 for a knee injury?

edit:

Cleared up, Rebels trying to cheat? Lucky Damon was onto it.

Morgan downplays it by saying the Rebels manager was just trying to pull a swifty... not sure he should be so blase about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.