• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Reds. AAMI Stadium - 2011R12

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheTruth

How will McKenzie respond - is this the best team available

1. Daley
2. Saaia
3. Slipper (if ok - jeez hope not Shep)
4. Horwill
5. Rob Simmonds
6. Samo/Higgers
7. Robinson
8. Higgers/Samo
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Morahan
12. Harris
13. Ant Fainga
14 Digby
15. Ben Lucas

Holmes, Hanson, Leroy/Schatz, Van, WH xxxxxxxx

T

Tank

Rebels v Reds. AAMI Stadium. Friday.

Reds will be looking to bounce straight back and Rebels will be looking to play 80 mins.

I think the Reds will get this one, but it will not be as easy as the last time around.

What changes will Link make to the Reds after the rotations of last week. Apparently Diggers and Daley to come back so presumably that means Ship and Shep move out of the 15. Surely the Faingaas will also start and probably Samo as well.

Will we see some of the youngsters in the pack get on to the bench? Schitz (which for you lovers of grammar is the present tense) and Quirk may be on the bench as might Leroy. (obviously not all them...)

Anae probably out of the 22.

For the Rebs, probably 2 questions will be most asked in a selction front, will Stirling play and will Cipps stay on the bench. Probably yes to both I'd reckon.

Reds probably too strong across the park but Rebels could well trouble them hard - particularly if they can play for closer to 80 than they have before.

T

TheTruth

How will McKenzie respond - is this the best team available

1. Daley
2. Saaia
3. Slipper (if ok - jeez hope not Shep)
4. Horwill
5. Rob Simmonds
6. Samo/Higgers
7. Robinson
8. Higgers/Samo
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Morahan
12. Harris
13. Ant Fainga
14 Digby
15. Ben Lucas

Holmes, Hanson, Leroy/Schatz, Van, WH xxxxxxxx

M

Maroon Army

Rebels players Danny Cipriani and Richard Kingi have agreed to stand down from this week's game against the Reds due to a breach of protocol.

The Players Standards Group met on Tuesday and agreed that both men should stand down.

"We have taken this action due to a breach of team protocol. We are very protective of our standards and we are disappointed that these players have put themselves before the team," club captain Tim Davidson said.

Rebels CEO Ross Oakley said that Cipriani and Kingi had both failed to uphold an agreement made by the players following Saturday's game against the Waratahs in Sydney.

"Both players defied a team directive to abstain from staying out late on Saturday night, given the six-day break ahead of our next game. The club fully supports the decision of our Player Standards Group," CEO Ross Oakley said

http://planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_6911053,00.html

Isn't that his second breach?

L

Leinster

After the last incident the Rebels said Cipriani would have to stand down if he broke protocol again. There must be a possibility it'll be for more than a week in Ciprianis case?

G

GC

Predicting the Rebels will get thrashed. The Reds will be shamed for last week's effort + the Rebels form has dropped off.

Bonus point win a must for the Reds and I expect they'll get it.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I agree that the Reds will win with a bonus point. Too much to play for after last weeks debacle.

Meanwhile, it sounds like Cipriani and Kingi have decided to rebel against the Rebels internal boozing policies. Cipriani will have to grow up a bit if he ever wants to play for England again.

H

high tower

it would be good to see how this Rebels back line goes
phipps
huxley
vuna
mortlock
rooney
betham
gerrard

M

Maroon Army

Look at all those holes! 8)

I'm joking of course.

Morty will cover about 3 channels.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
God I hope Slippers good to go, Shep really isn't up to scratch both scrummaging and around the park wise.

Surely Hynes must be due to come back soon? While I don't think he'll be in the starting team, he'd be a handy reserve player seeing as Link does a 5:2 split.

T

tranquility

Gee who is going to run that Rebels backline? Hilgendorf is injured, Cips is in the naughty corner. Does that mean Hux?

The cupboard is pretty bare in terms of flyhalfs down there.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Heard this morning Ioane and Daley back.

Front row could be
Daley
Fainga'a
Holmes
Then just pray Shep isn't needed until about the last 5.

Who gets the spare back spot on the bench? Chambers or Shipperly?

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
that's kind of funny that cips got caught drinking out late. i think it was #1 Tah that spoke to him after the match and asked if he was going out to kings cross. i think his reply was the ivy. good on ya!

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Gee who is going to run that Rebels backline? Hilgendorf is injured, Cips is in the naughty corner. Does that mean Hux?

The cupboard is pretty bare in terms of flyhalfs down there.

Is Hilgendorf injured again? What's that, 2 starts for 2 injuries? Rebels seem to have a few crocks on the books, you'd have to think we will be lucky to see Adam Frier at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.