• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels V Lions, Round 5, Friday 20 March @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match. EVER!
  2. Do not discuss other matches. EVER!
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters.
  5. Be respectful to players.
Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Rebels coming off a win and the Lions coming off a schooling from the Crusaders. Rebels will go into this with injury concerns, but will be happy to play in front of the AAMI park faithful. Lions are 1 - 4 this year and will be looking to get another scalp on their Aus/NZ tour. Personally I'd like us to atone for the loss against these guys from last year on in SA and I think, barring a major injury disaster, we can do it.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Speaking of injuries oztimmay anyone heard any updates on Debreczeni, Fuglistaller, Timani and Weeks (he limped off when substituted).

What is likelihood of them playing this week?

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Injury report normally comes on Tuesday. Hoping nothing is serious.

Despite an excellent start to the season, we could get away with an injury to Fugs, would actually be an opportunity to perhaps introduce Samo into the team. Debreczeni wouldn't be too bad, Hegs in, Crawford, or Jonah to the bench.

Weeks would mean throwing a prop into the deep end, and Timani has been excellent.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Injury report normally comes on Tuesday. Hoping nothing is serious.

Despite an excellent start to the season, we could get away with an injury to Fugs, would actually be an opportunity to perhaps introduce Samo into the team. Debreczeni wouldn't be too bad, Hegs in, Crawford, or Jonah to the bench.

Weeks would mean throwing a prop into the deep end, and Timani has been excellent.

I would bring in Reid instead of Samo.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Fugistaller was a dislocated finger that they could not put back in on the field. Should be fine, just a little painfull.

Weeks is the only the real concern, a back up for PAE will be out of there depth. Especially against a South African pack.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I would be wary of the Lions. On their day I think they can take it to anybody. Consistency is an issue but there are parts to their game that the excel at.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I would be wary of the Lions. On their day I think they can take it to anybody. Consistency is an issue but there are parts to their game that the excel at.

I sincerely think that the Rebels will have their day much more often than this Lions side.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So the only injury concern is Timani, concussion test. Everyone else is available for selection including Kingston who I would suggest might be playing club rugby to get some match fitness work. Will be interesting to see how many play club rugby this weekend.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Would like to see everyone who doesn't get at least 15-20 mins against the Lions to play for their club. Good for the comp, plus it lets guys on the edge of the squad get some minutes. Whether it happens or not, who knows.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Lions make 12 changes.

Emirates Lions: 15.Jaco van der Walt, 14.Sampie Mastriet, 13.Lionel Mapoe, 12.Elton Jantjies, 11.Courtnall Skosan, 10.Marnitz Boshoff, 9.Faf de Klerk; 8.Warren Whiteley (capt), 7.Warwick Tecklenburg, 6.Derick Minnie, 5.Franco Mostert, 4.Robert Kruger, 3.Ruan Dreyer, 2.Armand van der Merwe, 1.Schalk van der Merwe.
Reserves: 16.Robbie Coetzee, 17.Corne Fourie, 18.Julian Redelinghuys, 19.Andries Ferreira, 20.Jaco Kriel, 21.Ross Cronje, 22.Harold Vorster, 23.Andries Coetzee

Lions by 30.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
12 Changes and Lions by 30?

Think you meant Rebels by 30

No I checked again.

Lions, definitely Lions.

They'll just scrum all night long. It's going to be epic. Scrumming and kicking. A thing of beauty.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Our Scrum held up pretty well so far this year, not as worried about the Lions scrum. Yes, it will be strong, but no way the Lions will win by 30 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.