• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Bulls @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Which, of course, gets back to Pfitzy's excellent point about the TMO. If we are going to have it, then no asking specific questions - if the ref asks for a decision, the TMO has the WHOLE decision. Write it in as a variation to the laws that the ref is the sole judge until he calls on the TMO.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Makes up for the obstruction try that the bulls got earlier in the game.

Good 8-9 axis. Scrum held up well, and forwards in general played well. Lineout was baaaaaad. As were the hands in general play. Stupid kick 5m out with no chasers.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
yes, i had a very good view of the Bulls last try and it was, but every year you get some good and bad luck/decisions. i thought overall the better team won today, but the Bulls were very unlucky

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Ha, the Rebels have had every call at home.

this year, yes, most but not every, not even the Tahs get every home town decision ;) , previously not many (any?) home town decisions. today the Bulls were probably dudded but giving that try alters the remainder of the game and who is to say the Rebels may not have found a way to score again also

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Well done Rebels. Good gutsy win. Totality Tony has his critics, but I reckon he's doing a pretty good job.

Reactions: Tex

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'm hearing about a dud call but now angle showed a conclusive grounding and all showed Colby in a position having held it up. No brainer.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Tex & Kevin I was in line and real time I am certain it was a try. The ref was closer and didn't award it and the replays showed no evidence of a grounding, so I agree it was technically no try but the Rebs were lucky

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Rebels have had nore than their fair share of dud calls over the past few years. This one wasn't even in the ball park of some of the dud calls that the refs have put on this year.

EDIT: And I'm not even sure it qualifies as a dud call, really just a 50/50 which happened on this occasion to go the Rebels way. C'est le rugby.

Proud Pig

Tom Lawton (22)
From where I was sitting I thought it was a try but as the Bulls were awarded a try from a maul which had a very obvious separation it was a bit of justice.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Looks like we've got the Saffa commentators all rield up over the 'howler'.

http://www.rugby365.com/article/66757-bulls-dismiss-tmo-howler

In some matches it might have been a Try, yes. BUT, the Ref asked for a decision on whether the ball was grounded or not. As the video ref could not show _conclusive_ evidence the ball hit chalk/grass he could not award it. It's about time the karma ref caught up with us and pay us back for a few ref howlers, including the 'obstruction' maul earlier in the match. Like many posters have said; you win some, you lose some. In this instance, we won.

Other random thoughts:
  • Scrum held well, but they did have an advantage for 10min with a forward off the field.
  • Those three lineout howlers in the last 20min almost proved costly. Pat has put in the hard yards this season, so might be time to give him a rest
  • Defensive intensity and effectiveness was great. Colby and Sean the breakdown kings on the weekend.
  • Hegarty is not a natural winger, but did well there given he has 10min notice he was wearing 14 on the weekend.
  • Mitch seemed to manage the backline defensive alignment quite well. Saw him doing a lot of shouting and directing from my perch in the southern stand
  • Jones, Higgers, Sean - like I said in the match review they all put in decent Wallaby Watch performances.
Now, to end the season on a high against the force!

Status
Not open for further replies.