• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Bulls @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
agree, completely irrational changes, not replacing centre/wing with like and changing bench from 4/3 to 5/2 split. the only explanation is that because of the early start to Dewar Shield games today the likely replacements were already playing, but they could have moved English into the team and given Veainu or Kingston a spot on the bench
still a beautiful day here in Melbourne, great for playing expansive football, lets hope its a bonus point win for us to leap into 9th overall

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
Don't like hegarty on the wing at all. Nothing to base that on. I just feel his style is better suited at 15 or at 10. I hope he proves me wrong.

I actually like shippetley at 13. I think he looks better closer to the play in attack than Ellison but I agree our defense suffers.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Slap in the face for all the other wingers in the squad

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
HT Bulls 17-14 Rebels.

Why are the Rebs, with one've the better kickers going around in Aussie Mike, turning down 3's in favour of scrums when theirs is hanging in there at best? Very, very strange but has to be part of the Plan 'cow they've done it three times now.........

Bulls rumble-over try was a clear obstruction for mine, looked like there were two then three loosely-bound groups of players rather than a single fully-bound one that remained so.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Both tries have been scored off scrums so they're doing something right

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^ true but the 2nd wasn't from the scrum they took in lieu of the kick & in the meantime they'd turned the ball over & only retained it 'cos it became unplayable. More good luck than good management, that.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Timani scores a few phases after another scrum (Bulls down a man, Greyling in the bin for I'm not sure what, nephew flicked over to the Loig game he's got some $$$$$$ riding on) & Aussie Mike converts for 21-20.

Bulls look to have struck back immediately, TMO decision is taking forever but looks like a try to me. Wow, no try, I can hear the Bok-something's & something-boks on PlanetRugby firing up already......... 5m scrum, Bulls ball.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
That win should have an asterisk next to it.

Good on the rebels but the bulls were robbed. That try would have changed everything, of course you couldn't confirm the try on the replay but the ref was in a good enough position to know that it was grounded.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Rebs hang on for the win & put the Bulls out've everyone's misery. Hopefully they spend the off-season working out how to play some actual rugby. I'm not holding my breath, but.

And yes, Bulls were robbed, can't believe the TMO couldn't see the try was scored. Maybe we need to follow loig's lead & have the ref call try or no try & the TMO has to find compelling evidence to overturn that call (& can't wimp out by handing the decision back to the ref).

Anyhoo, must dash, I have an avatar/ signature bet to monitor.............

Status
Not open for further replies.