• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels tour of UK/Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DJC

All a matter of better execution and taking their chances I reckon. They should improve.

Sounds like the Worcester game. I took my wife and daughter to Six Ways last Monday. The Rebels looked ok in the 2nd half but seemed to have a bad case of dropsy. At first I thought it might be the dampness but too often the last pass went down, even right at the end of the game when Caderyn Neville had half a gap with the line beckonning, the ball went to ground. I hope a couple of the trialists get a contract, Eddie Aholoei didn't look out of place at all, Pama Fou (except for one bad fumble) looked quick and elusive and good under the high ball, Lloyd Johanssen hit the line hard and sucked in 2 defenders everytime he ran and Caderyn Neville looks the goods in term of size and power. Not sure what went on with Nigel Ah Wong, he started the game at 8, took two good line outs and then was subbed after 10 minutes and didn't reappear until the 75 minute mark. Not convinced about Liam Windon, got gassed on the outside for the first Worcester try and generally looked a bit light weight, things improved considerably at fullback when Peter Betham came on, he consistently made ground and almost always beat the first tackler. Overall, came away from the game slightly dissapointed that the Rebels with probably 75% possession and territory in the 2nd half couldn't convert it into points but certainly top marks for effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.