• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels MOM v the Horrorcanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
3. Phipps - Form 9 in Australia at the moment
2. Rodzilla - Thought he was good at scrum time and made meters when he had the ball in hand
1. Lipman - Does a lot of work

Maybe weighted Blake a bit high but I'm a huge fan and think he should be THP for the Wallabies

Even though the rebels are playing him at loose head?

T

Travi34

3 - Phipps- was dynamite - Rebels first wallaby cap?
2 - Lipman - Backrow was amazing - his try and kick ranks him over ....
1 - Delve - Mr. Solid. dependable, and top bloke.

I am secretly shoving it in everyone's face that read my preview and laughed! :)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I thought the whole Rebels pack was phenomenal. Hugh Pyle thoroughly deserves his chance at this level, the opportunity for players to step up is invaluable.

I have to say I was a bit worried when the Tahs thrashed them, but now I honestly believe that having the fifth franchise will bring great benefits - apart from anything else, there will be more diversity in strategy and tactics in Australian rugby.

Go the Rebels.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I thought the whole Rebels pack was phenomenal. Hugh Pyle thoroughly deserves his chance at this level, the opportunity for players to step up is invaluable. I have to say I was a bit worried when the Tahs thrashed them, but now I honestly believe that having the fifth franchise will bring great benefits - apart from anything else, there will be more diversity in strategy and tactics in Australian rugby.

The Rebels experiment is paying off big time. In Shute last year Lipman and Pyle looked average to poor and I, for one, would never have thought they would have been Super standard. You never know who is going to step up when the pressure is on. Phipps and now Kingi both look Super quality too. Over time this is going to work out really well - the only thing I am worried about is the two year limit on overseas signings. Without Cipriani they would be thrashed every week. Next year they have to find a trainee 10 who can step up in year three. I wonder whether Kingi is an option - I do like his pass.

Just think how many more good players who could take the next few steps up the ladder if given the chance are stuck behind institutions at the other franchises.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Next year they have to find a trainee 10 who can step up in year three. I wonder whether Kingi is an option - I do like his pass.

He was a 10 at school level and played off the bench for Qld 2, behind Matt To'omua. So he could very well be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.