• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2023

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's not only the 1st VX, most schools have depth at all levels. St Kevins, Melbourne, and Brighton seem to be building the best rivalry and depth of all teams.

I'd love to see a Public vs Private XV match. Think they tried something last year, where the brothers team played a 1st XV VSRU. Brothers absolutely wiped the floor with them.

The biggest challenge facing school and club is the cross-over of players. Brothers felt it this year, which partly drives the reason to withdraw from the rep tournaments. My team has a few school players, but we're lucky we moved to a Friday night comp, so clashes are greatly reduced. Still not perfect, but heading in the right direction.
Yeah look I know as a kid playing we would often be short in the first half of games waiting for the school boys to get there.

Being good for the clubs system I more meant at a 20s and senior level as you would hope to keep these boys engaged with the sport.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
It's not only the 1st VX, most schools have depth at all levels. St Kevins, Melbourne, and Brighton seem to be building the best rivalry and depth of all teams.

I'd love to see a Public vs Private XV match. Think they tried something last year, where the brothers team played a 1st XV VSRU. Brothers absolutely wiped the floor with them.

The biggest challenge facing school and club is the cross-over of players. Brothers felt it this year, which partly drives the reason to withdraw from the rep tournaments. My team has a few school players, but we're lucky we moved to a Friday night comp, so clashes are greatly reduced. Still not perfect, but heading in the right direction.
Brothers?

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Thats pretty handy for us, I know there is depth at the reds but JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) is on his last legs & Carter is along way in front of Creighton or Lynagh. He could of slotted in nicely back home.
His brother I think is the one most at risk heading north in the future. Reds get 1 more year out of JOC (James O'Connor) then Mason Gordon at Reds 2024 to fight it out with Lynagh. Will get some game time at fullback and off the bench in the coming season to keep him around.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
His brother I think is the one most at risk heading north in the future. Reds get 1 more year out of JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) then Mason Gordon at Reds 2024 to fight it out with Lynagh. Will get some game time at fullback and off the bench in the coming season to keep him around.

The Reds back line is completely stacked, thats why Hegarty, Creighton & Droasese left. The only spot that is coming open anytime soon is at 10 & Carter would have been perfect because he has played 2 seasons of Super Rugby, Mason would be a long way back up there atm.

That's why I just cant see Kerevi going back there if he does sign with RA, or we try to convince Hamish Stewart to come sth at some point

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'd love to see a Public vs Private XV match.
this used to be a regular fixture, in the 60's and early 70's APS vs Combined High Schools - from Melbourne High, Totteham Tech, a couple of other High and Tech schools had teams, old age has robbed me of remembering who they were. some ring ins from the catholic schools as well, Parade, one other non APS. Lots a blokes from MH played for Box Hill Oztimmay.

Reactions: Tex

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
this used to be a regular fixture, in the 60's and early 70's APS vs Combined High Schools - from Melbourne High, Totteham Tech, a couple of other High and Tech schools had teams, old age has robbed me of remembering who they were. some ring ins from the catholic schools as well, Parade, one other non APS. Lots a blokes from MH played for Box Hill Oztimmay.
The tech schools would of hit hard, hopefully we can see something like this again

Mick The Munch

Cyril Towers (30)
Uelese re-signs for one more year.

Kept the core group which is great but that group didn't get us very far, would be nice for some new recruits.
Isn't Alex Mafi coming? Good depth at Hooker, competition for places. Love Chibba but he was always a back up

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Uelese re-signs for one more year.

Kept the core group which is great but that group didn't get us very far, would be nice for some new recruits.
Good on him, backing himself to make the RWC squad too. Great news and I hope it works out as he wants it to. Be interesting to see whether he features in either the Wallaby squad (presuming Fainga'a and Porecki are in, can he edge the final spot ahead of Lonergan/Kaitu'u/McInerney/Latu) or as a senior player for Australia A?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Good on him, backing himself to make the RWC squad too. Great news and I hope it works out as he wants it to. Be interesting to see whether he features in either the Wallaby squad (presuming Fainga'a and Porecki are in, can he edge the final spot ahead of Lonergan/Kaitu'u/McInerney/Latu) or as a senior player for Australia A?

Latu cant be picked for Aus A just yet. You'd think there would be 3 hookers in each squad