• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
It was mentioned by the commentary last weekend that Uelese’s recovery has not gone as well as hoped....

So that might explain Abel.

I liked your comment because I agree that would explain Abel signing (having four hookers on the roster is interesting) not that I like that Uelese is still injured. Just making it clear

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
THink you're right Slim. Gives us Rangi, Roach and Abel. Not a bad name for a boy band.

Jordan had a pretty nasty injury, so might take time for him to get back to full fitness. Might want to mothball him a little to give him the best chance at world cup selection.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
thats a blow to his wallaby hopes if he isnt getting in a proper pre-season/going to be fit and ready by round 1

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
gee that's a big blow to that Rebels side. Front row is my biggest question mark, team make up wise, over them and not having Uelese at least for the start of the tournament is not good. I assume Rangi would be the next most likely?

G

GingerBreadCrab

Abel is a great hooker and an even better bloke - he is always a real gain for wherever he is signed, both culturally and athletically. Great to see he will be participating in the Rebels campaign in 2019!

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Front row is the Achilles heal of the Rebels. They are going to need to find a way to give the front foot football that their halves excel behind.

dbcooper

Frank Nicholson (4)
Abel and Makalio were the best hookers in last year's Mitre 10 Cup. Good signing. Wish he was at the Blues instead of Apisai.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Drove past AAMI park today, seemed to have three players in team rehab. Jordan, Hodge and I am not to sure who number 3 was. Taller than Hodge but not one of our main locks or back rows so hopefully a extended squad member.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Tomorrow night's team is out...

Code:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Check out our starting line up and reserves who will take to Mars Stadium this Friday against the Queensland Reds!<br><br>Rebels v Reds<br>When: Friday, February 1<br>Where: Mars Stadium, Ballarat<br>Kick Off: 6:30pm EDT<br><br>Tickets at the gate<br>$10 Adults<br>$5 Concession<br>FREE for kids under 16 <a href="https://t.co/NTfpLKyIaj">pic.twitter.com/NTfpLKyIaj</a></p>&mdash; Melbourne Rebels (@MelbourneRebels) <a href="https://twitter.com/MelbourneRebels/status/1090819746658832385?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Drove past AAMI park today, seemed to have three players in team rehab. Jordan, Hodge and I am not to sure who number 3 was. Taller than Hodge but not one of our main locks or back rows so hopefully a extended squad member.

possibly Magnay ?

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Damn, that chip kick from behind for King's try was nice. Shame that we won't see most of these players again this season. Who's not playing from the backs today: DHP, Korobiete, Genia, Maddocks, To'omua and Hodge?

Status
Not open for further replies.