• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Very keen to see Meakes get a lot of time at 12 next to Cooper, he's exactly the type of 12 that Cooper thrives with.

Meakes is basically a McCabe/Fainga'a with better ball skills - his offloading game and short passing game is excellent. Perfect bloke to be taking it to the line and offloading while Quade rests for the next phase.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
For those wondering, Rebels membership packs will be mailed out on 4 February.

Add another hard and scarf to the pile.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I've seen a squad, but cant find it now.

It had a hell of a lot of no names in it.

I don’t understand that comment as most on here would see names recognise then not for what is a trial match to also give squad players who are unproven chance to show what they can offer in real life game situation...

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Not to worry, it's not like Coleman or Arnold were necessary when...

RA is confident 94-Test veteran Rob Simmons will stay in Australia next year,

Really? Who the fuck keeps offering him a contract then?!

Shitcan Hoopers contract, don't offer one to Simmons ever again and spend the money of some fucking players that we actually NEED!

*breathes*

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Adam Coleman is certainly someone RA should be throwing as big a contract at as they can but part of what they're competing with is presumably a desire to do less travel and spend time with his young family (and probably earn more money in the process).

Simmons shouldn't be re-signed by Rugby Australia but he becomes a chance of getting a guaranteed contract if the other guys with experience all leave. Rodda and Tui should certainly be at the centre of our plans moving forward though.

Arnold was never in a position to get a big offer from Rugby Australia to stay.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not to worry, it's not like Coleman or Arnold were necessary when.

Really? Who the fuck keeps offering him a contract then?!

Shitcan Hoopers contract, don't offer one to Simmons ever again and spend the money of some fucking players that we actually NEED!

*breathes*

Fine with the Simmons point but with Pocock on the way out post RWC you really think we don't need the aussie captain.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Fine with the Simmons point but with Pocock on the way out post RWC you really think we don't need the aussie captain.

If you still believe he should be Aussie captain you certainly need to start paying more attention. Wallabies winning percentage is under 40% when Hooper is at the helm, I know it's not all the captains fault but he needs to lose the captaincy and sit on the pine behind Pocock until he wakes up.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
If you still believe he should be Aussie captain you certainly need to start paying more attention. Wallabies winning percentage is under 40% when Hooper is at the helm, I know it's not all the captains fault but he needs to lose the captaincy and sit on the pine behind Pocock until he wakes up.

Paying more attention. Maybe you should too mate. The original commentator Brumbiesman said “Shitcan Hoopers contract.” I do not think that is appropriate on the basis that Pocock will most likely finish up after this season.

Captaincy and position in the team had nothing to do with it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

We've been around this circle a hundred times and perhaps things will change this season with Naisarani becoming eligible but we have spent the last couple of years with a dearth of options at 6 and 8 and problems elsewhere within the forward pack.

It's not like Pocock sat out of the team or was denied the chance to do what he does best because Hooper was also playing. Pocock was our best player in 2018 by a long way and won the John Eales Medal in a landslide.

If Pocock was captain, Hooper was also in the starting team and Pocock was still the dominant player that he is, would you be suggesting that Pocock should lose the captaincy because we had a 40% win record?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
^^^ I would suggest any captain of the Wallabies with a win record of less than 40% lose the captaincy. The decline of the Wallabies happened when he was appointed captain.

Other options who rightly/wrongly have been over looked are all the best in there position. That's half the problem, you think it's good for the culture of the team when the second best 7 is always going to get a start because his captain? No wonder players are going abroad.

Back to Rebels though, who is making the trip on Friday night?

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
^^^ I would suggest any captain of the Wallabies with a win record of less than 40% lose the captaincy. The decline of the Wallabies happened when he was appointed captain.

Other options who rightly/wrongly have been over looked are all the best in there position. That's half the problem, you think it's good for the culture of the team when the second best 7 is always going to get a start because his captain? No wonder players are going abroad.

Back to Rebels though, who is making the trip on Friday night?

The other half is that they can't catch, can't pass and attack and defend like under 13's. .

Status
Not open for further replies.