• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
^^^No hoping no Rebels players are injured in 2018

I think if the Rebels are on the front foot Maddocks will have a bigger impact in games. Has more X-Factor than DHP and given a few more games in 2018 will really be a stand out.

I think you are calling maddocks potential too early...replacing dhp as first choice highly ambitious for a player who played little super rugby last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
And that is one of the reasons why I publicly went on the record as soon as the "Genia to Rebels" whispers started, to oppose the signing. Having said that, some of his work on the spring tour has been sensational, so I'm of a mind to revisit my initial reluctance.

He has been pretty good since he came back. Not a great game against England but has to be one of the best performed players in the RC/Spring Tour. Koriobete and Hodge have also been impressive and have both nailed down their starting spots in the team. 91 days until the Reds

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Please don’t inflict Maddocks with the Debreczeni curse - talking them up to greatness too early and throwing them in the deep end to which they struggle and lose confidence for ever more.

Too late. Baden Stephenson is already referring to him as "future Wallaby, Jack Maddocks" ;)

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
I think that rumour was spread on here. From memory by a poster who had pretty good insight into the happenings in the locker room.
If it was true, I would have loved to see TT try and justify the change. I don't think I have been as disappointed at a Rebels game as that one.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Talking about changing game plan back to what TT wanted at half time. I vaguely remember a similar situation when Hegarty was still at Rebels. We had a good first half and Hegarty was playing well but outside game plan. There was even vision of TT in coaches' box get upset with Hegarty.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Waratahs game , first half game plan was MT, ZH and CMcG not what Tt wanted. Went defensive second half and lost -From inside the tent. The Hegarty thing was aeen on TV - TT mouthing that hed pull him off if he made another break( when the Rebs scored a try) if he didnt kick in the kick zone

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
The Waratahs game , first half game plan was MT, ZH and CMcG not what Tt wanted. Went defensive second half and lost -From inside the tent. The Hegarty thing was aeen on TV - TT mouthing that hed pull him off if he made another break( when the Rebs scored a try) if he didnt kick in the kick zone

Absolutely disgraceful. Shouldn't be let anywhere near a Super Rugby team with that sort of bullshit. Actually, maybe he should move over and coach one of the NZ teams. Might make it more even then.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Was a coast to coast try to, helped by the wings and full back dropping back expecting a kick. Was hoping it got try of the year after seeing TT mouth off.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
The squad, so far:

Just 2018?

Jono Lance
Anaru Rangi
Richard Hardwick
Taylor Adams

Amanaki Mafi
Tom English
Colby Fainga'a
James Hanson
Sam Jeffries
Marika Koroibete
Jack Maddocks
Jack McGregor
Siliva Siliva
Nic Stirzaker
Alex Toolis
David Horwitz
Jermaine Ainsley
Geoff Parling

Henry Hutchison
Rob Leota
Sefa Naivalu
Lopeti Timani
Sione Tuipulotu
Laurie Weeks
Will Genia
Fereti Sa'aga
Tetera Faulkner
Ben Daley
Dane Haylett-Petty
Ross Haylett-Petty
Sam Talakai
Billy Meakes
Matt Philip
Adam Coleman

Reece Hodge
Jordan Uelese

Dunno yet:

Tom Moloney
Esei Ha'angana
Jordy Reid
Semisi Tupou
Parma Fou
Dom Shipperley

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The squad, so far:

Just 2018?

Jono Lance
Anaru Rangi
Richard Hardwick
Taylor Adams

Amanaki Mafi
Tom English
Colby Fainga'a
James Hanson
Sam Jeffries
Marika Koroibete
Jack Maddocks
Jack McGregor
Siliva Siliva
Nic Stirzaker
Alex Toolis
David Horwitz
Jermaine Ainsley
Geoff Parling

Henry Hutchison
Rob Leota
Sefa Naivalu
Lopeti Timani
Sione Tuipulotu
Laurie Weeks
Will Genia
Tetera Faulkner
Ben Daley
Dane Haylett-Petty
Ross Haylett-Petty
Sam Talakai
Billy Meakes
Matt Philip
Adam Coleman

Reece Hodge
Jordan Uelese

Dunno yet:

Tim Metcher
Esei Ha'angana
Jordy Reid
Semisi Tupou
Parma Fou
Dom Shipperley
Tim Metcher has gone (Canada from memory).

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Well,

Maloney
Ha’angana
Tupou
Fou
Shipperley
were all training during the past week

I'd be happy to see all of those blokes re-signed although might be tough for Moloney with six props already on the books. Did you see if Meafou was training?

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
I heard a rumor that the first half against the Waratahs at AAMI park wasn't in line with how TT wanted the team to play and that they were told to change the play style back to what he wanted (and then lost because of it). Any one know if there is any truth to that - they definitely played very different styles in each half and I was not particularly happy (to say the least) with where that game ended up.

Couldn't comment on that rumour, but even in the first half the TaHs were sending our scrum backwards and challenging our line-out. Their defense was crap however and they kept turning over the ball and giving the rebels opportunities. In the second half they fixed those things which to me made all the difference. Once the Tags started comming back our blokes tried to save the lead rather than build on it, which could be because we we were on a losing streak. I see that mentality in all professional sports. Winning becomes a habit, but so does losing.it will be very important that the new squad has a good preseason and first few games to set the mindset one way rather than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.