• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

Thoughts on this stunt?

The shot at Buddy Franklin on Valentines Day was top notch but this feels a bit bitchy.

This is brilliant.

One of the best PR moves I've seen in Australian rugby. I work in advertising and live in Melbourne, and in my opinion this is so clever for the market the Rebels are in.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Liked the first shot at Buddy, but the second one is just wasting time.
Rebels should have spent some money and got some adds on Free to air TV at this stage.

On other news, Rebels away in Perth thanks to work is very likely. Might have to go over for the week so might as well stay on the Saturday as well.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Fugs. Defence is too good.

Colby not being in the 23 at all however would be really stupid.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Just from what I've seen/heard is that McGahan loves Fugs in terms of his defence. Given our weakness last year...

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Thoughts on this stunt?

I don't like this ad at all but I suspect it's going to work its arse off.

Buddy has a much, much bigger name than the Rebels do in Melbourne. His name is going to catch the eye of a lot of readers that have probably never even heard of the Rebels.

Plus, it looks like it's already earned some free exposure on Fox Sports and among Drew Mitchell's followers. Now they just need some outraged AFL players to retweet it and MMM and the Herald Sun to run the story.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I rated Colby as one of the best defenders at the Brumbies. . Fugs must be good

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Fainga’a are some of the best defenders in the world ask search and destroy.. Colbys better then them both

Just from what I've seen/heard is that McGahan loves Fugs in terms of his defence. Given our weakness last year.

T

tranquility

I don't like this ad at all but I suspect it's going to work its arse off.

Buddy has a much, much bigger name than the Rebels do in Melbourne. His name is going to catch the eye of a lot of readers that have probably never even heard of the Rebels.

Plus, it looks like it's already earned some free exposure on Fox Sports and among Drew Mitchell's followers. Now they just need some outraged AFL players to retweet it and MMM and the Herald Sun to run the story.

Spot on mate. Free media exposure, it's what all guerrilla advertising is trying to do. Go viral.

T

Train Without a Station

I've read, Jordy has has a huge pre season, read but not seen.

Let's face it though Dave, the blokes a notter though. Not quite a 6, not quite a 7 at Super level. His best shot is probably showing that he can adequately cover 6, 7 and 8 off the bench and add a lot with the strong qualities that he does possess.

Really not sure where this love for Fugistaller comes from. He's a fucking average journeyman forward at best. Colby has always looked class at the Brumbies when he played.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Let's face it though Dave, the blokes a notter though. Not quite a 6, not quite a 7 at Super level. His best shot is probably showing that he can adequately cover 6, 7 and 8 off the bench and add a lot with the strong qualities that he does possess.

Really not sure where this love for Fugistaller comes from. He's a fucking average journeyman forward at best. Colby has always looked class at the Brumbies when he played.

Fugistaller did make the most tackles in the Australian conference last season.

Talking to Jordy in Geelong he looks to have shed a few Kgs and has the right build for 7 now. Hope he has not lost that ability to smash players in the tackle.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Ive heard may not be true but Colby believes his own hype then some. I still want him hlme but maybe its effected the rebs move as well

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

I had a similar thought on 6, 7, 8 he played allot of colts at 8.

A nutter, or is it the hair, or is it his passion, it is good having someone go in with as much passion and commitment as he does, players around that sought of player often lift there own tempo and commitment.

Last Rebs game last year he was one of the changes made just before the break - the forward pack changed that game and it was a great win.

Colby has often been sitting behind another player - so I haven't seen enough of him to pass comment.
Fug, I haven't paid attention to his game because last year it was awesome having G Smith back.

T

Train Without a Station

He will always struggle as a Super Rugby player in my opinion due to the fact that he's a bit too tall and bulky to be quick enough over the ball to be a 7, but not quite tall enough to be a 6. The sort of player who would probably do well in SA as an openside/6.

Status
Not open for further replies.