• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
May I say I am impressed by the ambition in the squad the Rebels have assembled. It shows class, ambition, and has a heap of promise.

But for god sakes, invest in our local game. The EPS spots BEG for local names.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Wish I got an invite to this new campaign...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-ash4/399662_10151077821263181_1451698133_n.jpg

kronic

John Solomon (38)
I think we are too late for Alan, perhaps the 7s program is ramping up and players will not be allowed to dabble. Considering the IRB Circuit, World Cup (next year) and Olympics.

T

TOCC

With Faalavau, it's my understanding a Super Rugby contract can overrule a 7s contract. Or at least the 7s program is happy to let a guy go to pursue his dream..

They don't technically overrule, a super rugby player is still contracted to the ARU as is a 7's player, which means its easy to process the transfer between the two..

Historically the 7's contracts have been financially inferior to super rugby contracts, and there is also a higher level of 'prestige/accomplishment' with XV's.

This is why most players opt for Super Rugby contracts and the 7's program has been happy to accept that as a natural course..

In due course we will likely see this diminish, the Aussie 7's side has a sponsor for the first time(QANTAS) and the 7's tournament is also earning more from sponsorship and broadcast rights which will all flow into the players income. With the Sevens RWC and then the Olympics approaching the 7's coaches will become more reluctant to release players for Super Rugby in the future as well.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
No points guessing where Hill's allegiances still lie.....a lot of Sydney Uni alumni being chosen. I know they are proven production line but I think there is some unlucky players to miss out behind english, dyer and even reid (I know he is manly). I am not just talking shute shield but Qld Premier as well.

p.s i do recognise that they are indeed a talented trio

jermano

Ted Fahey (11)
Spotted this today,made me laugh.
I would say not worth the money.

WearyFlyer.jpg

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Spotted this today,made me laugh.
I would say not worth the money.

WearyFlyer.jpg

The only way you'd pay for it is if he guarantees to talk rugby only. He was an ex-Uni front rower (which given his body shape and size amazed me).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What a terrible choice of speaker.

Half the potential audience are going to dismiss it outright because they have no interest in hearing anything Tony Abbott has to say.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
What a terrible choice of speaker.

Half the potential audience are going to dismiss it outright because they have no interest in hearing anything Tony Abbott has to say.
People were getting absolutely stuck in on the Rebels Facebook page. It's a disgrace really.

jermano

Ted Fahey (11)
I would be most interested to know how much it is costing and who was willing to pay, no relevance just curious.

I'm with Kronic, should be one of the Steelers.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I'd go..when he puts politics aside he is a pretty witty guy
Possibly, but he's still a reactionary loon. Melbourne is a relatively progressive city with an extremely competitive sports market. Why the Rebels would choose Abbott, an incredibly divisive and unpopular figure - particularly with women, is beyond me. Even if it does play well with the Weary Dunlop crowd it sends a shocking message about the clubs values - especially when you consider they had Alan Jones speaking last year.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
The Weary dunlop lunches are run by the VRU not the Rebels. The rebels assist in the promotion of the event and Im pretty sure have no say in the guest speaker and are pretty pissed of by this selection.
To question the clubs values because of this is ludicrous. Balance this with the over 1000 hours of community work done by their playing group , more than double that done by any other super rugby team.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
The Weary dunlop lunches are run by the VRU not the Rebels. The rebels assist in the promotion of the event and Im pretty sure have no say in the guest speaker and are pretty pissed of by this selection.
To question the clubs values because of this is ludicrous. Balance this with the over 1000 hours of community work done by their playing group , more than double that done by any other super rugby team.
Still reflects on the club when they market the event, plus have a membership named after it.

We all know they are separate entities in a corporate sense, however they are essentially one and the same.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Can you assure you that the whilst the organisations have a constuctive working relationship , they are absolutely not one in the same. The VRU has a seperate management team and a seperate Board and the rebels have no say in how the VRU is run. For example I know that the Rebels were not consulted on the descision to reduce the number of first division teams next year from 10 to 8 and do not agree with the decision at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.