• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Couldn't care less about the prawn sandwich brigade and how much money they pour in, tbh. Virtually none of them travel (I know of only one).

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
just heard an interesting piece of goss that comes from within the inner sanctum.
1st - i know one of the rebels board members quit earlier this year as he was very unhappy with decisions and directions of senior rebels management
second and more importantly
An individual formerly in the employ at our favorite club has suggested that the head honcho at the club is utterly useless, paid $600K a year, was signaled out by players in their end of year survey as being completely clueless, dysfunctional and having no idea about the game or management and was highlighted as, in their view, the club’s main problem. Further I’m told the football department rivals that of Collingwood and the media team consists (or consisted) of 7 individuals all on around 90k per annum. They have lost a board member and various employees due to said head honcho and that it appears this guy and others took mitchell’s money for granted and absolutely bled him for it, which is part of the reason he is getting out. ARU and VRU are reportedly furious with how the organisation has been run and that while the players love Melbourne, really like their teammates and quite like the coach the big gorilla is said to be intolerable.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Rebels media department consists of the grand total of 2 , Adam Freier and a junior. Their administration is about the leanest you would find in professional sport. Whos your source Greg Growden , or the person who spreads lies to him

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
as i said - it consists (or consisted). it was unclear whether it slimmed down from last year, but it clearly has.
so this was for the first two years and it was from someone who worked at the Rebels before taking another position in AFL.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
also i feel the focus should be less on whether the media department was large this year or last year and more on the salary of the head honcho and the players' opinion of him!

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Ah getting clearer , nothing worse than a digruntled , sacked ex employee to spread viscious untruths. There has never been more than 2 in the Rebels media dept. from day one.
My source is a senior person in their Commercial team who consistently tells me about the dedicated small off field team working 70 hour weeks .

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I trust this source implicitly. he left on his own terms (started the day after he resigned with an afl club - not typical of someone sacked). he lives with a good mate of mine whom, after a few wines at home one night, he showed the player feedback forms and their statements.
the former 9 member media team consisted of social media, pr, writers, the fellow(s) who interfaced with the media, etc. the whole shebang.

again though - the focus should be more on the absurdly high salary for the CEO, the fact that much of the staff and all of the players have singled him out as a problem (seen in aforementioned player feedback forms). if that's an issue at player level, I would suggest that goes some way to addressing what appears to be a significant cultural problem at the club through onfield performance, off field behavior, board members resigning, the chief backer leaving....
rally all you want about how you disagree on my figures regarding the number employed in the media apartment...but the larger issue is elsewhere.
another good mate works for the former board member at his large financial company and has advised his boss' resignation from the board, was, as i said, due to a firm belief that management was consistently making the wrong decisions and taking the club in the wrong direction.

read through again if you must - there is a larger and broader issue that is a common theme and which dumbledore seems to also have heard...as it seems have others.

Lastly - i have been a multi-ticket holding member since day 1. love rugby in melbourne and am quite passionate about the club, but there are clearrrly some negative factors at play and i don't think it should be flippantly suggested it's purely a KB (Kurtley Beale) issue.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Gee what a good bloke he must be , getting on the drink and sharing confidential information from a former employer that he clearly legally shouldnt have . Better pass all this on to the Rebels lawyers , I assume wont be hard to track down an ex employee now working in AFL.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
again - larger issue worth considering and focusing on. good bloke or not, the facts speak for themselves - players have an issue with senior management. board member had an issue with senior management, chief financial backer is walking away from the club.
but you're right. best to focus on the perceived moral fibre of an individual who no longer works at the club.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Couldn't care less about the prawn sandwich brigade and how much money they pour in, tbh. Virtually none of them travel (I know of only one).

Unfortunately, one membership and 4 return Jetstar flights does not a football club fund.

They may not be the biggest fans, but they hold sway.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
O'Connor said the Rebels supported Beale, who has been stood down indefinitely.
"The boys want Kurtley back," O'Connor said. "He's definitely got the support of the playing group."
In light of the comments made on the front page about Australian players having little respect for the three amigos........
Do you think the boys actually want Kurtley back, or just JOC (James O'Connor)?

T

TOCC

again - larger issue worth considering and focusing on. good bloke or not, the facts speak for themselves - players have an issue with senior management. board member had an issue with senior management, chief financial backer is walking away from the club.
but you're right. best to focus on the perceived moral fibre of an individual who no longer works at the club.

It's not really fact if you heard it word of mouth from a drunk former employee who has questionable character flaws after proving himself willing to divulge commercial in confidence information.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It's not really fact if you heard it word of mouth from a drunk former employee who has questionable character flaws after proving himself willing to divulge commercial in confidence information.
As I understand this yarn he divulged this information prior to departure from the Rebels.
He actually showed the person some documents that made the point.
It does not seem likely that he forged the documents planning to become inebriated and then disclose them: a rather elaborate hoax, at best.
Therefore, though your character analysis may very well be highly accurate, it does not seem to me that there is a flaw in the story on the basis that the ultimate source is a scoundrel for disclosing it.
Logically, if you don't believe the info, then bloke isn't a scoundrel - so this is not a self supporting argument, as it were.
I am probably far too cynical but Sir Arthur has gone to a lot of trouble to lay out the story so he evidently believes it.
I wouldn't convict anyone just yet but by the same token it does not seem glaringly improbable.

Status
Not open for further replies.