• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

He's actually a bloody skillful footballer player, and can play 10 in a crisis beleive it or not. Not bad for a bloke of 110kgs at times!

He has all the hallmarks of a champion, I think his issue is application and the 6 inches upstairs.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
backline is going to be mean with three of the most exciting playmakers in aus super rugby atm. Still cannot believe they let JP go as we are lacking depth for quality out and out wingers, save for maybe betham. i hope they don't resort to moving JOC (James O'Connor) out wide as i think he is wasted out there.

I think we can expect to see something similar to this from hill depending on whether Mortlock can take his body together for each week for a starting spot, which i hope he doesn't as was unable to last over 50 minutes coming towards the end of the season and would be much more effective coming on as a substitute.
9. Phipps
10. Cipriani
11. Vuna
12. O'Connor
13. Gerrard
14. mitchell
15. Beale

Inman, Johansson and Mortlock (or whoever he replaces in the above line-up) will all be fighting for a reserve spot which is nice as well as giving a chance to rotate squad members during the longer season, as well as being able to drop anyone if they act like a cock like cipriani again.

I think you will find that Inman will definitely be starting. Ignoring the plaudits he was getting before he got injured, Hill is one of his biggest fans.

Although after hill convinced Laurie Weeks to go to Melbourne last year, you never know what might happen. To be fair Weeks was stuck behind yoda of all people.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
He was one of the most dominant schools players I have seen, however I have to say it was more-so due to his size than skill as a footy player.

Johannson - yeah I had the same impression. He obviously matured physically early as a lot of ethnic Islanders do but at the time he was a power player at that level. I remember writing on rugby forums then that he looked like a league forward playing the wrong game. He terrorised a Fijian School team as did one of his backrower team mates - TPN.

He flattered to deceive at the Super level at first but it's good to see he's getting another shot. As tranq indicated: let's not forget also that he has some of the attributes of a flyhalf having played there in club rugby. Looked quite reasonable from time to time when they used to show Qld ABC games in Sydney.

H

high tower

backline is going to be mean with three of the most exciting playmakers in aus super rugby atm. Still cannot believe they let JP go as we are lacking depth for quality out and out wingers, save for maybe betham. i hope they don't resort to moving JOC (James O'Connor) out wide as i think he is wasted out there.

I think we can expect to see something similar to this from hill depending on whether Mortlock can take his body together for each week for a starting spot, which i hope he doesn't as was unable to last over 50 minutes coming towards the end of the season and would be much more effective coming on as a substitute.
9. Phipps
10. Cipriani
11. Vuna
12. O'Connor
13. Gerrard
14. mitchell
15. Beale

Inman, Johansson and Mortlock (or whoever he replaces in the above line-up) will all be fighting for a reserve spot which is nice as well as giving a chance to rotate squad members during the longer season, as well as being able to drop anyone if they act like a cock like cipriani again.

Lots of exciting players in the backline, not many of them known for good defense, players would be targeting the 10/12 channel - Cipriani and JOC (James O'Connor) all day/night long.

Melbourne Terrace

Darby Loudon (17)
Cipriani and JOC (James O'Connor) all day/night long.
Cipriani i can agree with cipriani but JOC (James O'Connor) held more than his own in defense last year in WA. i think Cipriani will be doing something similar to Quade Cooper in that in defence he'd drop to fullback to cover kicks with KB (Kurtley Beale) and someone else would take his channel.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Maybe they can do something with Cips similar to what the Reds do with Cooper. Like park Johansson/Mortlock in the channel and have cips, beale, vuna, gerrard and o'connor alternating in counter-attack at the back (or whichever of them are on). Drool.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You're the most likely, Haskell said he wants to play Super rugby next year, no other club could have him..

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The RaboDirect Rebels have signed five players to its Extended Playing Squad (EPS) for the 2012 Super Rugby Season.

The EPS system is being introduced into Super Rugby for the first time in 2012.

Each Super Rugby team is allowed 5 EPS players who will train full time with the team’s 30-man Core Playing Squad (CPS), but the player will only be available for selection in the match-day 22 when the CPS is depleted by injury.

The 25 EPS players around the country are funded by the ARU, the EPS system has been introduced to achieve a greater spread of playing talent across the 5 Super Rugby teams.

Eddie Aholelei-Prop
Eddie’s experience proves that good things come to those who wait.

He is able to play both sides of the scrum, and has an excellent work ethic and attitude.

Eddie offers great coverage to all our CP props as well as being a great role model for young Polynesian players in the local community.

Eddie joins the club after an impressive 2011 season with Manly RFC in the NSWRU Premiership and for the Rebel Rising side.

A physical, hard working prop who always turns in consistent performances, the Rebels see this as a great opportunity for Eddie to permanently cement a spot in the Rebels prop rotation for the 2012 season.

The 29 year old was part of the Rebels recent Development Tour of the UK and Ireland.

Cadeyrn Neville-Lock
Cadeyrn may only be in his second full year of rugby, but his strong set piece skills and outstanding athletic potential are key strengths which the Rebels hope to utilise.

A former representative rower at the Australian Institute of Sport, Cadeyrn continues the Rebels tradition of cross code athletes who have made a successful transition to rugby at an elite level.

Standing 6 foot, 6 inches tall and weighing in at 120kg, Cadeyrn has had a meteoric rise through the ranks at the Manly RFC in Sydney.

Cadeyrn also recently returned from the Rebels Development Tour of the UK and Ireland.

Nick Stirzaker-Scrumhalf
20 year old Stirzaker is a Commerce/Law student who hails from the Sydney University club.

An Australian schoolboy in 2009, the Rebels see Stirzaker developing under Nick Phipps & Richard Kingi.

Blessed with great speed off the mark and an excellent pass, the Rebels are excited to add a player who will provide added depth at scrumhalf.

Isiah Moese-Fullback/wing
Still only 17 years old, Isiah started his rugby in Brisbane at Nudgee College.

A fullback/winger blessed with exceptional speed and footwork, the Rebels are delighted to add a young player who will add depth and athleticism to our outside back contingent.

With development, we are confident that Isiah is a player with a promising future at the Rebels.

Luke Holmes-Hooker
As a junior, Luke captained the Australian under-21s and was also an international schoolboys representative. He went on to win a Sydney club rugby premiership with Warringah and has been in the Super Rugby system since 2006.

The 27 year old was signed by the Rebels on a short term contract in 2011 and captained the Rebel Rising side, Holmes already has 24 Super Rugby caps under his belt.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Watched Isiah play a few times when he was at Nudgee College, fits the Aidan Toua mould of a fast elusive back who breaks tackles and can be dynamic on kick returns. What he lacks in size and physicality he makes up for in speed and agility, know very little about the others.

D

DJC

I'm glad Eddie got a gig. Saw him in the Worcester game on the Rebels UK tour and while it wasn't the Worcester first choice front row, Eddie didn't seem to move backwards even one inch in the scrums. Bit surprised that Pama Fou didn't get the nod ahead of Isiah Moese. Pama looked all action in the Worcester game. Caderyn Neville and Hugh Pyle is a very impressive second row combination when they ultimately link up. I know its not the thread but what's the formguide on Rupert Harden, currently THP for Gloucester. His bio says he was born in Melbourne. He certainly seems to be able to more tham hold his own against the other UK premiership props.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Stirzaker? Why? What about Dewet Roos. I hope my suspisions aren't going to come true.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I'm glad Eddie got a gig. Saw him in the Worcester game on the Rebels UK tour and while it wasn't the Worcester first choice front row, Eddie didn't seem to move backwards even one inch in the scrums.

Caderyn Neville and Hugh Pyle is a very impressive second row combination when they ultimately link up.

Agree on Eddie. It's good to see that hard heads like Eddie and Lotu (at the Tahs) are getting these back-up gigs. I have long deplored the fact that Oz Super teams don't have enough hard head players to back up the contracted players and that situation has been turned around.

Neville and Pyle have the attributes to be future Wallabies provided Neville can mix it in the physical contests as Pyle seems to be adept at already. Pyle could even tour at the end of next year.

I thought the Brumbies would nab Stirzacker, who has been in their stable. He and Justin Turner before him have been the best Oz Schools scrummies in years - not that it means a lot, just saying.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Was Isiah Moese was in the force stable? Or is he a different guy to Isaiah Mosese. Assuming he is the same guy.

Age 17
Sport Played Rugby Union
Years Played 12 years
Tell us about yourself

One of the brightest young talents in Australian Rugby, Isaiah Mosese made his debut for the Western Force A team in 2011 as a 16 year old.

Still at school Isaiah has previously represented Queensland in both Rugby Union and Rugby League at age group level, before moving to Western Australia in mid 2010 where he represented Western Australian U16’s. Prior to his move to Western Australia, Isaiah was a member of the Nudgee College
1st XV.

Physically well advanced for his age, Isaiah combines great footwork, power and pace to continually trouble opposition defensive lines.

Isaiah is also recorded as the fastest member of the Western Force academy over 40m with a time of 4.89secs.

Proudest Sporting Achievements

2011 - Western Force A Team
Perth Gold
Aranmore 1st XV

2010 - Western Australia U16’s
Aranmore College 1st XV
Nudgee College 1st XV

2009 - Queensland U16’s Rugby Union
Queensland U15’s Rugby League

2008 - Queensland U14’s Rugby League - Player of the Tournament

Seen a bit of footage of Stirzaker and he looked pretty handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.