• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rd 9: Brumbies v Hurricanes, Napier - Friday 21st April 5:30pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Well I actually thought the Brumbies looked a bit good there for a while, unfortunately for them only for 10-12 minutes. I was thinking at oranges that I was ready to accept a loss for the Canes, because as I said to Missus, I not sure I am sure Aussies top? team getting done would do a lot for anyone. But you couldn't take it away from my Canes in second 40, they were a hard to try and rein in!
As an add on I suspect that Shag Hansen must be feeling a tad happy, with Charlie Faumiana leaving at the end of the year, I really think J Toomaga-Allen is putting up his hand to be tighthead at next world cup!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Since when is barrwt allowed to just run at people and punch them in the face? And why can ardie save a get tackled and just get up and keen trying to run even though the tackler hasn't even let go? All kiwi teams do it. It's really annoying.
Brumbies are shit though. Force would. Of done much better

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

So much no.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think the brumbies showed how to beat kiwi teams. Hold onto the ball and don't kick away. It worked. Then they stopped doing it had some bad discipline and got flogged

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Nice to sit back and watch some other pricks have to deal with Cyclone Fucking Beauden. That particular shitstorm of marionetting destruction left the Blues in ruins last week.

Woah, the Bumbreeze looked like the 2003 Blues for a giddy 7-minute 21 point spell there. Offloads, blitzkrieg jailbreaking, cartwheels, tries, smiles. Unfortunately for them, after that, according to internet reports, Barrett ran at people and punched them in the face and Savea got up after being tackled and kept running (all kiwi teams do it) and the Canes somehow wound up scoring 42 unanswered points.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
One kick in general play in the first half and two passes later (or thereabouts) the Canes are in.

Hawera tries a chip in the second half and it's charged down for a try.

How many Canes' tries came from Barratt's boot? At least another two.

Story of the game - kick the ball (either team) and the Canes score. Just why the Brumbies, or any team playing the Canes go in with a compressed defense is a mystery to me. Barratt puts the ball on a sixpence (5 cent piece for the younger brigade) and then there is just no defense out wide to stop the winger after he takes the ball on the full. An essential element for combating the Canes is surely to keep the winger out on the sideline in defense, and to work out some other strategy for dealing with the attack through the 10, 12 and 13 channels.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Well done Hurricanes, far too good. Showing class that just couldn't be matched.

That 3rd try was pretty good but the lsit of things that went wrong is far too long to mention individually but some very poor defensive reads and then some rubbish towards the end when chasing the game which was hopefully a one off.

Beauden Barrett needs to be tested to confirm he is actually human after that display. Far too good.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Gee for a while there the Brumbies came back brilliantly, I was surprised how well they put it together to take the lead, for a while everything they tried seemed to work. Hard to keep it up against this Hurricanes outfit, so many players doing the small things right, and knowing what was going to happen (and where Barrett's kicks were going to land). Not sure why TJ was on the bench until the 2nd half, and imagine if Dane Coles was available.

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
Circumstance is a bitch. Highlander's looking like putting on a cricket score early, brave and brilliant retort from the Brumbies to lead at half time, yellow card for Brumbies early second half and the irrepressible Hurricanes take full advantage. Brumbies take a couple of risks to get into it ...bam, game over.

Talk about sliding doors.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I think one thing that I have noticed is when the players are interviewed on the sideline etc for the Canes (and most NZ teams) is how often they say "we are just enjoying ourselves, we love playing". Corey Jane said it again last night, and I do wonder if some teams are playing more for the paycheck? Just a thought.
Geez when TJP came on he showed how good he is, very similar to A Smith, can pick out a player with a pass that shoots past 2 or 3 other players, and not always to nearest player. As showed I think it was Abbott's try?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think the brumbies showed how to beat kiwi teams. Hold onto the ball and don't kick away. It worked. Then they stopped doing it had some bad discipline and got flogged

I.could only watch first half before going out to dinner. That turned out to be rather fortunate on my part.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Brumbies had a great 3 try come back but wiw Canes were hot in the second galf... Congrats to them... Work to fo gor the young brumbies lads yet

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
All gloom and doom in the Tahs camp, but not yet time to throw in the towel for the Brumbies. They did look good for some of the first half, and their third try was just sensational. That's the type of game they need to play, and perfect over time.

Certainly, they went to water in the second half, but really couldn't get their hands on the ball at all. Some games go that way, and if the Canes have that much possession against any side in the competition, they will put points on them.

The Brumbies' defense let them down mainly in this match, which is somewhat out of character. But that was the influence of Beauden Barratt. Every time he handled the ball, two or three defenders were sucked in, leaving gaps on the outside. The rest of the Canes' backline then had a field day running through those gaps. Need to have more confidence in the defensive systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.