• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rd 1 SRA 2021 Queensland Reds v NSFW Waratahs

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Heavy Tah bias (it is strong) but this has been immensely discouraging for a fading fan. 9 have just spun a bit of polish on the same old turd . Game actually looked alive until the red and then literally nothing of note happened for 40 minutes. Ugh. Im sure it was probably a red, but really, who gives a fuck?

Throw in some truly awful Waratahs play and im struggling to give a fuck until the annual Wallabies disappointment.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
As a Reds fan I enjoyed it, especially the first half, the second half was pretty shit at times.

I don’t think the red card was to blame for it slowing down, rather fatigue, sweat, substitutions and humidity played a massive factor. It was a deserved red card and at least the new laws allowed him to be replaced after 20, during which the Tahs didn’t concede a point so that’s a positive and played with 15 for the last 30.

overall I enjoyed the game and really liked Stans/Nines coverage of it as well. Great start to the season

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
reds far too good, deserved the win and were far better side. looked relaxed in the sheds before the game and it showed in how they played.

for the tahs

lineouts - we were waaaay too slow off the deck and got beaten here
scrum - some good ones, lots of improvement required

dempsey was missing for periods, can see why rennie has him on the outer at the moment
gordon was good and was a bit hooper-esque leading from the front til the injury
tizzano was good and were not missing as much as i thought we would

lots to be work for us before next week

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah thanks for the screenshot where he hasnt landed yet. Cleared it all up. Glad they are really cracking down on that forearm safety.

Number one way to win new fans - forearm preservation.
It was dangerous, unnecessary & dumb. What did you expect the ref to do.

Maybe you should be shirty at Perese for being stupid

dru

David Wilson (68)
JOC (James O'Connor), I love it. Adding to the festival of hate. Biggest challenge? When Tahs got the Red Card.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Heavy Tah bias (it is strong) but this has been immensely discouraging for a fading fan. 9 have just spun a bit of polish on the same old turd . Game actually looked alive until the red and then literally nothing of note happened for 40 minutes. Ugh. Im sure it was probably a red, but really, who gives a fuck?

Throw in some truly awful Waratahs play and im struggling to give a fuck until the annual Wallabies disappointment.
Baha, suck it up. Game was great, thank you channel 9 I loved it. Good comments from Cheks and enjoyed chatting to Brad Thorn.

For a first season hit out Reds were great, we just saw our Wallabies 10 sink 100% of his shots - how good. Get excited about that.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Not the way he's playing at the moment. White has a battle if Gordon stays fit. It is 2021 not 2020. If Gordon has a long term injury it is bad news.

I think Joe Powell will push for Wallabies this year.

Rugby follower

Billy Sheehan (19)
tate doesnt have the box kick rennie is looking for just yet
I could be completely wrong however can’t remember Gregan, Farr-Jones etc have great box kicks. Maybe the game has changed heaps and this is crucial for a half having a great box kick , however doesn’t make much sense to me u pick your half on the quality of your box kick. I would pick Tate every time over Gordon running the ball, I reckon we get more tries thru his play compared to kicking the ball to the winger.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
I could be completely wrong however can’t remember Gregan, Farr-Jones etc have great box kicks. Maybe the game has changed heaps and this is crucial for a half having a great box kick , however doesn’t make much sense to me u pick your half on the quality of your box kick. I would pick Tate every time over Gordon running the ball, I reckon we get more tries thru his play compared to kicking the ball to the winger.

think its more a reflection of how the game has moved on since then. each of the top nations have a strong box kicker in their 9 and use this as an attacking weapon, and i think this is why our 9s have been ranked the way they have by rennie.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Baha, suck it up. Game was great, thank you channel 9 I loved it. Good comments from Cheks and enjoyed chatting to Brad Thorn.

For a first season hit out Reds were great, we just saw our Wallabies 10 sink 100% of his shots - how good. Get excited about that.
I guess, arent we supposed to be making this palatable to the average fan? Not finding obscure reasons for die-hards to somehow muster up a bit of optimism (again acknowledging my bias - im sure Reds fans are pumped)

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
I guess, arent we supposed to be making this palatable to the average fan? Not finding obscure reasons for die-hards to somehow muster up a bit of optimism (again acknowledging my bias - im sure Reds fans are pumped)
I just find it odd you’ve made half a dozen or more posts moaning about the ref making a decision which has, for at least 5-6 years, been at least a yellow if not a red. Do players not have to take any responsibility for being fucking stupid??

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I just find it odd you’ve made half a dozen or more posts moaning about the ref making a decision which has, for at least 5-6 years, been at least a yellow if not a red. Do players not have to take any responsibility for being fucking stupid??

Fair point - i think because it fucks the game up almost every time.