• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RBS 6 Nations 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Wales hasn't showed their class ever since they fell to Australia last year. I think they'll see an opportunity to destroy an opposition and use that to get back into it. I just don't know if it will be Wales or Scotland that they destroy.

???

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
The Samoan is back for England but looks like Ben Morgan is out. If the Gun Show is lining up at 6 and Wood at 8 I'd fancy Ireland to have a serious upper hand in the back row

Yep. The Irish back row will be an entirely different proposition. And their defence. It was cracking in the second half against Wales. They won't give England the space to play that Scotland did.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I can't agree there, the English backrow is outstanding, subbing in Haskell for Morgan doesn't give away much. They're the form backrow of the NH I have to say.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
I think both Irish and England back rows were excellent against, relatively speaking, lacklustre oppo. Losing Morgan costs them a massive (in every sense of the word) ball carrier, at least until he either runs out of puff or gets injured. Hask isn't a substitute. Wood, though, is class wherever he lines up. I'll be interested to see how England deal with the Irish choke tackle.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Looking at Italy's games, they have a great run really. Ireland and Wales at home, Scotland and England away. The only one I can't picture them winning is England.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Lions captaincy is a fascinating contest. If BOD stays fit, I'd go with him. Outstanding effort against Wales with virtually no rugby under his belt. His magic hands to Zebo aside, he led the defence in that second half. Heaslip was skipper, BOD was leader.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd go for Robshaw, Gatland would want a forward being captain. He'd want the direct line to the ref to be from the pack, no doubt the scrum and breakdown battle is going to be a huge factor.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
I'm not sure that Robshaw is a nailed-on starter. I'd have SOB in front of him. SOB isn't a genuine 7 but then Robshaw isn't either. And it depends whether Gatland has fallen out of love with Warburton yet.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I can't agree there, the English backrow is outstanding, subbing in Haskell for Morgan doesn't give away much. They're the form backrow of the NH I have to say.

Gun Show really weakens them I think, they'll be lining out with 3 6's. SOB, Heaslip and Best could make hay at the breakdown

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
@ qwerty
Fair call. Exactly what Gatland will do in terms of Warburton is the question. Lucky to be starting in front of Tipuric for Wales.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Samoan is back for England but looks like Ben Morgan is out. If the Gun Show is lining up at 6 and Wood at 8 I'd fancy Ireland to have a serious upper hand in the back row

So who get's dropped Barrit or Twelvetrees?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
@ qwerty
Fair call. Exactly what Gatland will do in terms of Warburton is the question. Lucky to be starting in front of Tipuric for Wales.
I think if Gatland was in charge of Wales St Sam wouldn't have started, he is more inclined to make the big call then Howley. At this stage would be shocked if Warburton even toured in the winter, too many back rows in better form and he isn't needed for his captaincy.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
So who get's dropped Barrit or Twelvetrees?

The Torygraph has sugested that Barritt might make way. They have an eerily accurate history of selection tips. As if they have a hot line to the RFU. I'd be surprised if Twelvetrees isn't benched.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
I think if Gatland was in charge of Wales St Sam wouldn't have started, he is more inclined to make the big call then Howley. At this stage would be shocked if Warburton even toured in the winter, too many back rows in better form and he isn't needed for his captaincy.

I wouldn't underestimate Gatland's influence over Howley and Wales, even if officially not involved. Warburton's decline is symptomatic of Wales' decline.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I wouldn't underestimate Gatland's influence over Howley and Wales, even if officially not involved. Warburton's decline is symptomatic of Wales' decline.

Thats true it is hard to know Gatlands influence. They had better get their selection against France, unlike Ireland the French won't let up and will keep going at Wales for the full 80, if Wales have a repeat performance it could get very ugly for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.