• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ranfurly Shield, ITM Cup & Heartland Championship: NZ domestic comps 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
HT Makos 17-9 Mooloos. Makos 2nd try featured a sweet between-the-legs pass that'll be worth You Tubing tomorrow. Ditto DMac's 3rd penalty which managed to hit BOTH uprights.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
HT Steamers 8-5 Harbour. Another step down in quality but to be fair conditions look fairly average & the good bits have been pretty decent, just not enough of them from either side.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
FT Steamers 20-11 Harbour. 2nd 40 better than the 1st.

EDIT: Aussie Callum Retallick went OK, he's not his brother & never will be but I reckon the Rebels have got themselves a good old-fashioned toiler for probably not too much outlay. Possibly-still-Aussie Daniel Halangahu was his usual mixed bag, nailed a beautiful penalty from ~200m then next touch was about to hand-ball it out before getting a boot to it. Inside his 22. D'Oh!

Coupla potentially great games tomorrow, 'naki v pussycats & Otago (do they even have a nickname? Can't recall them ever being called anything other than Otago (except on a Pom quiz show where it became something like Otta-go & totally confused the contestant)) v my Cantabs.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes, the BOP v NH match didn't rise to any great heights. I am staying only a few kms from the ground and the weather this afternoon was atrocious so I was surprised to see how well the stadium held up.

Good to see my other team, Tasman, get up in the earlier match.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^ They're mine too 'cos I was born in Nelson & my Mum was born on the Marlborough side of the Rai Saddle (her Dad was building the road over it at the time). Can also jump on the Stags bandwagon (should there ever be one) on the grounds my Dad was born in Gore & was a Southland Boys boarder; the Steamers as I subsequently lived in Tauranga & endured RottenRua; 'naki having lived there post-Roto; if needs must Wellywood having twice & both times briefly resided there at either end of the '80's; and most recently Waikato, 2005-09. Never lived in D'Auckland, though, and long may that continue to be the case :).

All of the above notwithstanding, I am & shall remain, for better or worse, a Cantab.

G

galumay

Caught up with the replays today, i am living in zürich at the moment and the house has great internet so I can watch everything on Foxtel Go.
I have always had a soft spot for Tasman - watched them beat Cantab at home to open the 2012 season, with Peter Bethem being the star that night!

We spent 5 months living in Piha this summer, but being off season I didnt have to find a NI team to support!

I just hope we dont lose coverage of the ITM cup with the increased coverage of the NRC, I will probably be stripped of my citizenship for saying it, but I prefer watching the NZ domestic comps!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^ Foxtels gonna need something to show when they've only got half the NRL games so maybe room for both, maybe double-headers, ITM then NRC.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
HT Pussycats 12-0 'naki. Cory Jane has spent his rehab time well, what was a mere man-bun is now a full-on pony tail. Wooohooo!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Do they no longer teach people to carry the ball under the arm nearest the touch line? Marshall may still have taken him down & out but at least Procter would've had a chance to fend him off....... or feed the unmarked guy running the inside line :)

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Coupla potentially great games tomorrow, 'naki v pussycats & Otago (do they even have a nickname? Can't recall them ever being called anything other than Otago (except on a Pom quiz show where it became something like Otta-go & totally confused the contestant)) v my Cantabs.

Otago Razorbacks
Have been for a few years now.

razorbacks_zpszkqjwxf6.png

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well The Lions hang on eh, bottom team from last year beat the champions. Not a bad game I thought.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^ thought Shields had cost them the game getting binned so, yeah, great result for them. Good to see Matt Procter back out there, ball under the wrong arm notwithstanding, also John Schwalger after his health problems last year.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
HT Steelers 19-14 Turbos. Good comeback, were down 12-0 inside 10 min. Very entertaining game with plenty of big hits & some slick running & passing. There truly is no footy quite like Sunday afternoon footy :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.