• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

R15 Brumbies vs Bulls - Downtown Pretoria, Sat 26 May 11pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Banks surely pressing for at least a place in the Wallabies squad, great candidate for the winger who plays as a second fullback. Who are we going to leave out though with uncapped wingers like Perese, Cam Clark, and Banks all pressing their claims.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
BumBreeze have absolutely done the business in last 15 mins there. 2 great tries down to 14 against a knackered and slightly clueless-looking Bulls XVI. Always love seeing the vaunted "Loftus faithful" getting it pounded right back up their collective clackers

Well said. Had moments of the 2013 Semi Final again. Bulls turning down multiple kicks at goal then getting dusted.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Tomikin, you and I have different opinions on Marius van der Westhuizen. I reckon he is clearly the best referee in Super Rugby, and he had an excellent game last night. I have consistently held that belief now for at least 2 or 3 years. There were some 50/50 calls as always, but no real howlers in favour of the home side. Even the red card, though trivial, was probably in accordance with the laws. I was happy to see the Brumbies, as the visiting side, get an even handed performance from a home town ref.

Joe Powell had a blinder with the one exception of his box kick out on the full. One of the best on ground along with Pocock and Banks.

And as for the stoppage in play after Muirhead's try, other posters have said it was for a serious act of foul play by a Bulls player on Muirhead. Didn't notice the incident myself, but very odd that the SA TV team couldn't pull up a replay.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Tomikin, you and I have different opinions on Marius van der Westhuizen. I reckon he is clearly the best referee in Super Rugby, and he had an excellent game last night. I have consistently held that belief now for at least 2 or 3 years. There were some 50/50 calls as always, but no real howlers in favour of the home side. Even the red card, though trivial, was probably in accordance with the laws. I was happy to see the Brumbies, as the visiting side, get an even handed performance from a home town ref.

Joe Powell had a blinder with the one exception of his box kick out on the full. One of the best on ground along with Pocock and Banks.

My main problem is that we have to have to have a South African officiating a South African home game on a weekend a former Chief is officiating a Chiefs game.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

And as for the stoppage in play after Muirhead's try, other posters have said it was for a serious act of foul play by a Bulls player on Muirhead. Didn't notice the incident myself, but very odd that the SA TV team couldn't pull up a replay.
I felt the second half he made some pretty critical calls against the Brumbies.. Sio in the scrum where their thp was doing his best impression of a pancake like all game giving the Bulls 3..the softest red card ever.. Stopping the kicker from taking a shot..thinking the Brumbies had foul play..too now find out they didn't replay it because it was a Bulls player..I felt he clearly made some key decisions in the second half that could have cost us the game..

Plus it was 1 am and I was 3 games of rugby and a bunch of beer deep

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
How about the box kick late in the game (by Powell I think) for Speight to chase. Henry challenged for the ball but didn't have his eyes on it. Both Henry and the Bulls player missed the catch and the ball came off Henry's foot into touch. Brumbies awarded the throw in at the lineout. 50/50 decisions went both ways, but no particular decision favoured one side over the other, I believe.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
How about the box kick late in the game (by Powell I think) for Speight to chase. Henry challenged for the ball but didn't have his eyes on it. Both Henry and the Bulls player missed the catch and the ball came off Henry's foot into touch. Brumbies awarded the throw in at the lineout. 50/50 decisions went both ways, but no particular decision favoured one side over the other, I believe.
I'm not going to watch it all again..But at the time it felt like a distinct change in his reffing occurred..and I wasn't the only person too think that..but you could very well be right and we have had worse refs in SA..But if we had of lost I'm sure the outrage would be worse.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)

According to them...

Video_error.png

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
Speight got obstructed in the identical way Murehead was pinged for it, as in changing line to make it hard for the kick chasers, not necessarily taking people out. The line-out needed to go the brums or he'd have to check it came off Speight's foot, only see the reply and penalize the contact on Speight. Touch judge needed to see nothing or both things.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Again. Atrocious refereeing.

The bulls had 2 intentional knock ons where a line break was on. Both in the tackle ? Bullshit.

As for the red card. If it's a striketo the head red card he needs to be consistent. The bulls player came in and slapped faianga on the face. That's a strike to the head and a red card. Both things are the same. One using a hand. One using a head. Both similar force. It was a kiss. Never a problem. Absolute joke.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I disagree. A line out going your way isn't like losing a player for 15 min for nothing.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
What a phenomenal display by the ACT Brumbies. We watched the replay, of course, when the red card was given, I assumed that I must have misread the final score when I checked earlier in the day.

They were amazing, very fit, every single player kept going as hard as ever for the whole 80+ minutes. Does the coach get any praise, after all the brickbats???

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Speight got obstructed in the identical way Murehead was pinged for it, as in changing line to make it hard for the kick chasers, not necessarily taking people out. The line-out needed to go the brums or he'd have to check it came off Speight's foot, only see the reply and penalize the contact on Speight. Touch judge needed to see nothing or both things.

Maybe right Bobas, but when did two wrongs make a right? As far as obstructing the chaser is concerned, the most blatant but missed incident was earlier in the game by Isi Naisarai. As I said, some 50/50s went both ways.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
What a phenomenal display by the ACT Brumbies. We watched the replay, of course, when the red card was given, I assumed that I must have misread the final score when I checked earlier in the day.

They were amazing, very fit, every single player kept going as hard as ever for the whole 80+ minutes. Does the coach get any praise, after all the brickbats???
Great performance and smashed the bulls coach gets some credit but 1 win in 6 doesn't fill me with glee, if they back it up this week (Sunwolves C team) and close out the season winning then he'll get a pass that he was in transition and expect bigger better next year's.. I don't find it acceptable too not be in the race for finals as a Brumbies team..till recently we had a very shocking game plan in attack and our defense is still suspect.

But good win well done team

Status
Not open for further replies.