• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

R12: Waratahs vs Rebels - Saturday 13 May

pnut

Ted Thorn (20)
I am not yet sold one iota on Teddy Wilson. I reckon Tuttle has it all over him for experience, game management and skills.

Joe Walton is a skilful player but still getting over long term injuries imo. I would take Ili over him in the blink of an eye atm.

Can't say that I've been impressed with Harry Wilson either up til now. The better player might depend on the position they are required to fill. Pincus has had some standout games at 15. Wilson probably better in the centres.
Good assessment

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
There's no mention of Tuipolotu on the injured list or in the reserves. Given how well he played early in the season, I do hope this is not a sign he's Scotland bound or worse, back to the Rebels. He looked to have huge potential.
Sam Johnson was confirmed as a departure from Glasgow earlier this week. While it certainly could be nothing more than both agreeing to let him seek out more gametime/money due to the misalignment between his ability and place in the pecking order, a final "he's gone, thanks for your service" wouldn't have gone out without a replacement of some kind being well underway.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Sam Johnson was confirmed as a departure from Glasgow earlier this week. While it certainly could be nothing more than both agreeing to let him seek out more gametime/money due to the misalignment between his ability and place in the pecking order, a final "he's gone, thanks for your service" wouldn't have gone out without a replacement of some kind being well underway.
I'd do a straight swap. Sam can come home, maybe come to the Rebels and they can get Mosese.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I'd do a straight swap. Sam can come home, maybe come to the Rebels and they can get Mosese.
1683846979419.png

Would offer some good depth and experience for the Reds. Not sure I'd call it a straight swap, but I'm all for trading away Victorians/tahs to get Queenslanders back to the Reds.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)

100% I'd love him as a replacement for Hodge: would definitely require a little reshuffling as he's very much an out and out 12, but he's provide a lot of assuredness and maturity to those inside backs which we may lack at this stage.

I would assume that a Japanese side or Edinburgh would be front runners at this stage, as he was clearly in the international mix right up until his injury before the Autumn Internationals (which has let Stafford McDowall steal the 3rd Center Spot at Glasgow & 4th/5th Center for Scotland) and played well when selected on return.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Just looked at the teams side-by-side. I reckon the 11-15 advantage is clearly to the Tahs. If the forwards can keep parity then the backs should bring it home. The other imponderable is the weather. Showers (1-2 mm) are forecast from lunchtime Saturday onwards and the Tahs have notoriously greasy hands.

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Just looked at the teams side-by-side. I reckon the 11-15 advantage is clearly to the Tahs. If the forwards can keep parity then the backs should bring it home. The other imponderable is the weather. Showers (1-2 mm) are forecast from lunchtime Saturday onwards and the Tahs have notoriously greasy hands.
I don't think it is clear at all. Maybe a slight edge, but not much more. You then need to consider the quality of service to them as well.

This one is the Rebels to lose.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Anyone who is confident that the Rebels should win should really check out the odds. Tahs are short priced favourites.

Now I do think the Tahs should win. They've been playing substantially better over the last few weeks and are at home. That said I think the 7.5 points start the Rebels have been given is too good to pass up.

Tahs should win this though and it will be a pretty substantial upset if they don't.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I mean a genuine one would probably be HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)/Pone - 3rd TH spot is between them. Maybe they could yell it after each scrum penalty.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
In town and coinciding with a rare Tahs home game. Taking the wife and last remaining school aged kid out for this one. Parted with the money for platinum seats near the tunnel - I know I could have paid GA and moved around but I’m happy to make my annual donation to the Tahs for a bit of certainty. All I ask is for the game to be entertaining.